Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Well I welded it using the the punch-hole and weld-thru MIG spot-weld method.
Since the panel is 1.2 mm you are welding thin to thick so you need the skill/machine to do this.
Bear in mind I use a Surrey back-light and don't know how this would go with a fabric hood.
It makes no difference to fit/remove fuel-tank which is as easy/difficult as originally.
Makes wiring a bit more tricky but hopefully only once.
I rebuilt a complete basket-case scrapper. Thinking about it, part of the reason I added this was to add some flexural rigidity.
This back end was full of fatigue cracks because it had been run without any chassis support.
If you have a sound shell this would be OK if you used pop-rivets.
I sealed ths joints with polyurethane seam-sealer using the "squeeze-gun" tool.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.