• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dodged a bullet and made a find

JimLaney

I managed to come to my senses and did not look at the third Sprite. A review of the posted photos showed me that I would have about the same quality pile of parts, just a larger pile.

Spent a day in the shop and just for the fun of it I tore down an SU and put it in the soak. Can't wait to get back to it and really clean it up for the rebuild kit.

I found a lot of small parts bags from 15 years ago when the original owner was attempting to repair/rebuild the initial MK III driver that they wrecked. Piles of envelopes and plastic bags with part numbers on many of them. I began searching for any info on the supplier and finally found that the part numbers matched Victoria British. Eureka! I can identify parts using the labels and the catalog. I've spent way too much time trying to look at the manual and id individual parts.

Going to be tedious linking the part number with each part but a lot quicker than what I've been doing. I'll have part number, name, assembly, and catalog page number. I foresee some hours at the keyboard.