Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Its been done, I bought a TR4a years ago with a TR250 engine in it. I was surprised when I lifted the hood and saw that 6 cyl in there. You should be able to measure and weld.
I thought I recalled a thread about this a while back. In addition to the engine mounts, I believe the radiator and steering rack mounts would be different.
The TR4A and TR6 workshop manuals show the same dimensions for the frame so I don't believe there is any difference in that area (dimensions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in both drawings). Dimensions drawings show the rack mounting moved forward and a slight change in the front body mounting area.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.