Offline
Took the M car up to Great Falls,Virginia today,to visit with a guy (Robert)
who owns a really nice Cortina that I used to own.
I put 503 miles on the Miata.Went to call Robert when I was leaving,but
my cell phone was almost dead,& kept shutting off,and,of course I didn't have a
charger for the car.I swore it still had a decent charge left,but I guess I was wrong.
Stopped near Charlottesville,& bought a charging cord & adapter at a Dollar store,
& took care of that.
Then I plugged in the GPS which was dead,but got it going after charging it
for a while,then it kept shutting off & not charging.Checked the end of the cord that
goes into the cigarette lighter base,& noticed the center was missing.
I also decided to take a side trip to Marshall,VA. to see a business that sells some
interesting British vehicles,but when I got there,the guy who owns the business that's
there now told me that the former business closed some time ago.
Luckily,I brought a road map with me,so I was able to find my way close to Robert's
place & called him & got directions for the rest of the way.He also helped me with
directions to head back to where I knew the rest of the way home.
Left here at about 5AM & got back around 10:15 PM.I guess it could have been worse.
who owns a really nice Cortina that I used to own.
I put 503 miles on the Miata.Went to call Robert when I was leaving,but
my cell phone was almost dead,& kept shutting off,and,of course I didn't have a
charger for the car.I swore it still had a decent charge left,but I guess I was wrong.
Stopped near Charlottesville,& bought a charging cord & adapter at a Dollar store,
& took care of that.
Then I plugged in the GPS which was dead,but got it going after charging it
for a while,then it kept shutting off & not charging.Checked the end of the cord that
goes into the cigarette lighter base,& noticed the center was missing.
I also decided to take a side trip to Marshall,VA. to see a business that sells some
interesting British vehicles,but when I got there,the guy who owns the business that's
there now told me that the former business closed some time ago.
Luckily,I brought a road map with me,so I was able to find my way close to Robert's
place & called him & got directions for the rest of the way.He also helped me with
directions to head back to where I knew the rest of the way home.
Left here at about 5AM & got back around 10:15 PM.I guess it could have been worse.
Hey Guest!

