• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Classic Car Performance Reviews

90dog

Country flag
Hello,
I apologize if this is the wrong section for this question, but since it has to do with my Healey here goes: Has anyone had any experiences, good, bad or indifferent, with Dave Austin at Classic Car Performance in Saratoga Springs, NY?
Thanks,
Dean

Leemitchell

Freshman Member
Country flag
I recently inquired about a starter for my MK2 1970 GT Cortina with a Lotus twin cam installed. I was told that the starter I need was the Europa starter. I took the advice and ordered the suggested starter. Once I received it I spent many hours trying to get it to fit. I inquired again as to the fitment in the car I referenced and was told I had the wrong one... I paid to ship it back and then received an invoice for shipping of the CORRECT starter. I chose to request a refund as I had already paid shipping twice, a refund was issued less the shipping.. Not at all happy, totally not my fault that the wrong starter was sent yet I paid for shipping both ways. Won't be using or recommending.

kareltje

Freshman Member
Country flag
I recently inquired about a starter for my MK2 1970 GT Cortina with a Lotus twin cam installed. I was told that the starter I need was the Europa starter. I took the advice and ordered the suggested starter. Once I received it I spent many hours trying to get it to fit. I inquired again as to the fitment in the car I referenced and was told I had the wrong one... I paid to ship it back and then received an invoice for shipping of the CORRECT starter. I chose to request a refund as I had already paid shipping twice, a refund was issued less the shipping.. Not at all happy, totally not my fault that the wrong starter was sent yet I paid for shipping both ways. Won't be using or recommending.
Communication by e-mail stopped after payment now over 1 month ago. Nothing was sent either....
Wim

Guido36

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Red Flag - Buyer beware - I ordered the Classic Car Performance LED headlamp upgrade kit because the website show this clearly as having Lucas headlamp units. They shipped some poorly made in India headlamp units that look nothing like the product shown on their website - a classic ā€˜switch and baitā€™ tactic. They state on their website that e-mail is the quickest form of contact. Email no 1 - ignored, email no 2 one week later - ignored, email no 3 another 5 days later - ignored. One week later phonecall with voicemail no 1 - ignored, another week later phonecall no 2 - ignored. So i filed a complaint with my credit card company, shipped the product back which cost $32.12. The credit card company refunded me the purchase price in full but I am out the return shipping costā€¦.

Guido36

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
This is what they shipped (bottom photos) and the link to their product page (I cannot post their photos due to file incompatibility) shows what they advertise with headlamp lens clearly marked Lucas.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpeg
    IMG_0399.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0398.jpeg
    IMG_0398.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

timd999

Freshman Member
Country flag
Red Flag - Buyer beware - I ordered the Classic Car Performance LED headlamp upgrade kit because the website show this clearly as having Lucas headlamp units. They shipped some poorly made in India headlamp units that look nothing like the product shown on their website - a classic ā€˜switch and baitā€™ tactic. They state on their website that e-mail is the quickest form of contact. Email no 1 - ignored, email no 2 one week later - ignored, email no 3 another 5 days later - ignored. One week later phonecall with voicemail no 1 - ignored, another week later phonecall no 2 - ignored. So i filed a complaint with my credit card company, shipped the product back which cost $32.12. The credit card company refunded me the purchase price in full but I am out the return shipping costā€¦.
You're not alone. I purchased starter motor, wire wheels, hubs / bearings and spinners. After many, many emails and a friend in the US ringing them constantly, I received all but the spinners (knock-off nuts). Coming up to 10 months since initial purchase with no reply so will be asking for a refund on the spinners. Really crappy service.