• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cheers for the invitation.

Wicked

Freshman Member
English lad of sorts, built and owned many a brilliant car and bike for that matter, something about an old B just makes me laugh?
Mostly here to see what your ideas are and how I may incorporate to my own madness?
She's a 73 mgb in aconite with a few modifications and many more to come.
current picture.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome! And nice grille treatment. What's under the bonnet?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OP
W

Wicked

Freshman Member
Welcome! And nice grille treatment. What's under the bonnet?
4.3 V6, Turbo 350, Ford Diff. True coil-over front with air shocks rear.
Pro's and con's of the V6, gets 35mpg, at 250 ish HP goes like stink, Con, sounds like a V6, they only sound ok at higher RPM's, sadly the 4.3 is NOT a high RPM engine lol.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
4.3 V6, Turbo 350, Ford Diff. True coil-over front with air shocks rear.
Pro's and con's of the V6, gets 35mpg, at 250 ish HP goes like stink, Con, sounds like a V6, they only sound ok at higher RPM's, sadly the 4.3 is NOT a high RPM engine lol.
Nice! I did a 3.4 GM V6 with Tremec 5-speed in a '69 BGT a while back. Had a great time building and driving it, but we bought a Jag XK8, so it had to go.

If you aren't already aware, there's a very active British V8/V6 crowd - online is forum.britishv8.org. We have an annual meetup in different areas of the country; this year's will be in Auburn, Indiana, June 1-4.
Then in the fall, we have another meet here in Townsend, TN in the Smokies. Usually the first weekend of October.

Mickey

OP
W

Wicked

Freshman Member
Cheers for the info, Yes I am aware of the MGB and English car followings :smile:
Not looking to travel that far tho, well not this year?
Any pictures of your 69 BGT?

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Nice! I did a 3.4 GM V6 with Tremec 5-speed in a '69 BGT a while back. Had a great time building and driving it, but we bought a Jag XK8, so it had to go.

If you aren't already aware, there's a very active British V8/V6 crowd - online is forum.britishv8.org. We have an annual meetup in different areas of the country; this year's will be in Auburn, Indiana, June 1-4.
Then in the fall, we have another meet here in Townsend, TN in the Smokies. Usually the first weekend of October.

Mickey
I've been contemplating an engine swap for some time now and am undecided on what to do. My '67 GT is going to need a new engine soon. I'm almost done building a .040" over 1800 for it but been thinking how nice it would go down the road with a V8 in it.

My only stipulation is I do not want to cut up the body, wheel wells, tunnel, engine mounts....on the GT. I know it's an odd request, but I'm a purist as well as someone who likes the mods that I know I'm capable of. The reason for not wanting to cut up the GT is, if anyone wanted to go back to original for some strange reason they could. I know ODD!

Is there a V8 with a narrow trans that will fit into the GT? I don't mind fabricating custom mounts. (I put a '72 B engine in a TD a few years ago, and fabricated it all myself - followed my stipulation and did not cut the body or frame in anyway)

OR

...do I finish the build of the .040" and add a supercharger :D

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've been contemplating an engine swap for some time now and am undecided on what to do. My '67 GT is going to need a new engine soon. I'm almost done building a .040" over 1800 for it but been thinking how nice it would go down the road with a V8 in it.

My only stipulation is I do not want to cut up the body, wheel wells, tunnel, engine mounts....on the GT. I know it's an odd request, but I'm a purist as well as someone who likes the mods that I know I'm capable of. The reason for not wanting to cut up the GT is, if anyone wanted to go back to original for some strange reason they could. I know ODD!

Is there a V8 with a narrow trans that will fit into the GT? I don't mind fabricating custom mounts. (I put a '72 B engine in a TD a few years ago, and fabricated it all myself - followed my stipulation and did not cut the body or frame in anyway)

OR

...do I finish the build of the .040" and add a supercharger :D
Afraid the '67 would require some extensive cutting to shoehorn that combination in. And the '67 model is thought to be too valuable for collectors to tear into - unless it's a serious basket case.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That's all I needed to hear. She's still really nice so not going to want to tear into it. I guess I'll source a supercharger.
1615238460773.png

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
NICE indeed!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks. It has a few issues, but overall a really nice driver. Never a hiccup and drives pin straight. Figured this might not be the car for it if it needing cutting.
1615241572213.png

OP
W

Wicked

Freshman Member

Mickey
1615835327102.jpeg