Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Basic question, but can you drive a '3 with the capillary style temperature sender removed? I've never had a sender go bad and I really want to keep driving her!
No, a bolt won't work, as the capillary bulb seats on a surface inside the hole. You could just reinstall the old bulb and nut. Nothing will leak from the broken tube.
An alternative would be to use a very short bolt in conjunction with a sealing washer.
Jeff
I have my sensor out right now and off at Nisonger. I decided just to wait for the return to reinstall the entire system, and with snow on the ground today, I think Fagin will have to just wait to go outside and play anyway.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.