Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I did the best I could to organize when I completely took apart my Bugeye, but there are a few parts where mice chewed lables and such. Can someone tell me where these go?
I recall reading on this forum that spacers can be used under the inside bolt holding the front shock to the frame. For a street vehicle, I think just put these in the big box labeled "Misc".
That makes sense. That was the area I was working on. Now that I remember, when I finished taking the shocks off, I noticed these on the floor in that area. Thanks for your help.
Kevin,
As you know, one of your swivel axles was bent quite badly. It’s very possible these shims were placed to correct that in it’s past life. Let hope with replacing that bent swivel axle you don’t have the need for these when the time comes.
Thanks Dug. The only person to send me a PP and not a PM from a post. Wait, that doesn't sound good. In any case thanks. You made my day with your front rebuild tips after a frustrating Saturday in the garage.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.