• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British V8 Informal Meet

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The sixth annual "informal" fall gathering of the British V8/V6 bunch will be October 6-9, at the Tally Ho Inn in Townsend. Call 865-448-2465 for reservations and mention the British V8 group. No car show, no judging; just a good time for all who enjoy over-stuffing engines in British cars, and the obvious benefits of same!

There will be a couple of drives offered, and lots of parking lot hijinks (No, no burnouts; more like swapping stories and great conversation over your favorite beverage.) Most of the events during the meet are impromptu, based on the whims of the attendees. Always a good time to share info on engine/transmission swaps, and the camaraderie is second to none. Oh, and you can't beat the Smoky Mountains for scenery in the fall. C'mon over!

Mickey

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
I might be able to make it early. I have to be back home the morning of Saturday the 8th. Then a week long mountain tour starts at our mountain cabin on the 9th. I have a couple of Triumph friends heading down from New Jersey and Pa. It should be a fun week of driving.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
C'mon over, Bob. Looks like the weather's going to be near perfect. And you can come take a look at the Victor while you're here. (Not that there's too much to see yet...)

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I've always wondered why we original V-8'rs (Darts & Tigers & TR's) never get recognized along with the conversions. Anyway, have a great time, and keep the oily side down.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've always wondered why we original V-8'rs (Darts & Tigers & TR's) never get recognized along with the conversions. Anyway, have a great time, and keep the oily side down.

Guess it is kind of a misnomer. The group was initiated for those who have done conversions to their British cars, originally V8 power, as well as original V8's such as TR8's, Darts and Sunbeam Tigers. I'm a member of the group, yet I have a V6, and have felt quite welcome in the group.

The focus is on conversions, to be sure, and the organization is a great resource for those who are looking to do conversions. However, all British V8 cars are welcome.