• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Beauty or the beast

catfood

Jedi Knight
Two of the best of (modern) British

Assuming all things equal (ie cost, reliability, availability) which would you go for.

I have to admit the pure presence of the TVR would get my vote.

TVR Sagaris

AM DB9

Whoops, mis-spelled the TVR Sagaris on the poll bit
crazy.gif

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited by: catfood ]</p>

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
Somebody has seen One too many Batman Movies!

racing girl

Jedi Knight
I didn't realize TVR had a new vehicle out, that's my first view of it. Definitely interesting, I'll say that for it! I also voted for it because TVR have always had balls to go their own way and, generally, make a success of it. They're also just about the last independant car manufacturer of any note left in the UK, you have to give them some credit. I wish them well.

RG
england.gif

OP
catfood

catfood

Jedi Knight
I've got to go with you on that one RG, I'm always amazed at the speed TVR turn out new models. Love them or hate them they never cease to impress with their style and originality.

My only experience of being in a TVR on the move was when an old work collegue brought his Griffith 500 to work (registered M500 TVR). 340bhp and no weight does wonders for strengthening the neck muscles!

G

I vote for the TVR for the reasons mentioned above and because the Aston doesn't look any different from its current models or previous models.
driving.gif
hammer.gif

William

Darth Vader
I'm voting for the Aston. I saw the coupe at the Chicago Auto Show and it looks great-an evolution of the DB7 shape. I generally like TVRs, but I think their styling has gotten a bit, well, ugly in an aggressively ugly way. The Griffith, Chimera, and Cerbera were aggressive, but very beautiful with it. TVR certainly goes its own way, and kudos for that, but most of their recent offerings leave me cold, in the looks department at least.
-William

MattP

Jedi Knight
I really like the TVR. OK I really like them both, but the TVR got the nod for being its own car.

t-rocks69

the TVR is defintly its own car but its owned by batman to me the car does not seem new since i grew up watching batman...like the ASM better james bond would more likely drive it

Bret

Yoda
Regarding the TVR: I too think that it has it’s own uniqueness and is a very interesting design. But functional or not (?) I am jut not too crazy about all of those body louvers. Also the interior (save the seats) looks almost like what I’d expect to see in a kit car.

As for the DB9 Volante (Convertible): The only problem I have is the rather soft or feminine looking interior. However, if I were forced to choose I would have to go with Aston Martin given its overall refinement and still retain the OH MY GOD performance factor.

Like many of us I have always loved Aston Martins sense first watching the movie Goldfinger staring Sean Connery as the infamous 007, taking out the trash (bad guys) in his DB5. Truth iis it wasn’t until much later in life that I discovered the rich racing heritage that AM has.

Anyway that said I was poking around on Aston Martin’s webpage the other day checking out their current line-up and I must say that I (money not being an object) would probably go with a Zagato Coupe.

Izual Angel

Jedi Trainee
The TVR is awesome. Reminds me of the goofy Peugot bug-thing they had at the auto show this year.

Aston is nice, but they're always just a wee bit out of my price range. LOL

lawguy

Jedi Knight
If "going its own way" were enough to render a design desireable, the Pontiac Aztec would be the best selling vehicle in the world.

I'll take the Aston.

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
That TVR is a Pontiac Aztec, but its been sick.........Gimme the Aston anyday..........In the TVR (AZTEC) even when you blow the doors off them they'll still be laughing at you

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Both of them are just a little bit more than out of my price range!!!