• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bad accident

Basil

Administrator
Boss
We were coming back home from an anniversary outing today, driving east on old Rt66, and came upon this accident. I think any injured (or God forbid deceased) people had already been transported since there were no ambulances. The truck up front on the right was a street sweeper. We don't know for sure, but suspect it was involved somehow. Note the wheel that is on the right side of the road detached from the car. I'm not even sure what kind of car it was. Here's a screen capture from my dash cam video. Unfortunately this kind of thing happens all too frequently on this stretch of 66.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 9.51.03 PM.jpg

You kind of hope it was a mechanical failure or something caused accident and not someone doing something stupid. We had one here in town where a young guy sliced another car in two, he was doing over 130 and drunk.

You kind of hope it was a mechanical failure or something caused accident and not someone doing something stupid. We had one here in town where a young guy sliced another car in two, he was doing over 130 and drunk.
I have confirmed that the Silver car (no idea what kind) did hit a slow moving street sweeper (seen going east bound on the right shoulder. Just a guess that the driver of the silver car wasn't paying attention. It looks like most of the impact was on the passenger side.

Back