• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Back to the BMC autos again!

rgramann

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi All,
I'm Bob Gramann and reside in the balmy southern Wisconsin community of Hartland. I retired a year and a half ago and have since spent much of my time catching up on everything, settling into a new lifestyle, and helping where needed my immediate family, my folks and mother-in-law. Over the last 40 plus years I had suppressed a desire to be back in an MGA again, as I had rebuilt/restored one while in my senior year of high school, and promptly sold it to pay college tuition. Several years later I was making a good income, saw an opportunity to buy an MGA Mk II and enjoyed that for a couple years until wedding bells rang and priorities again changed. In November of 2020 an opportunity arose and I acquired an earlier restored '65 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 and have been happily bringing it up to speed to be a good looker and driver. Unless I'm surprised by something mechanically in the next few months, I find myself almost there and am looking forward to getting it out on the road after the spring rains wash the salt away.
I'm really happy to be involved in this forum where like-minded people can help each other out by sharing many undocumented secrets and tricks aimed at keeping these wonderful old cars on the roads. I look forward to accessing the smart and helpful minds of all of you here when I find myself needing help and hope that I can be of assistance as I become more knowledgeable of my first Austin Healey.
Thanks for having me.
Bob

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the British Car Forum and congrats on the Big Healey! You will find our Austin Healey forum is very active and helpful so be sure to jump in there as well!

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Welcome and I am working on a 64 BJ8. There are many experts on Healeys on the forum so read and enjoy.