Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Reindeer moved my TR3 from Wisconsin to Virginia promptly and took very good care of the car. They put it on the top middle position of the open car carrier. Do not use Reliable out of CA!! This was an scam that would have cost me $650.00 if VISA did not reimburse me. And did cost me months without my newly purchased car and much effort.
This going to depend very much on how much time you have and what you're willing to spend. I have never had a bad experience (in moving about 10 cars) but I always ask lots of questions to get a good feel for the outfit I am working with. Never used the same one twice (several were husband & wife teams with just one truck) so I can't name a name.
Where is the car coming from? I assume you are going to Maryland.???
I had a TR6 shipped from Maryland to nashville, TN at a very reasonable rate a few years ago. I gathered prices from all of the large "shipping brokers" online and found the best deal. When the car arrived, i got the card of the driver who told me he would do future jobs for less if I booked directly. The cost including the Broker's fee was less than it would have cost me for a uhaul trailer and gas to Maryland and back!
This wasn't fancy enclosed transport but it was non-stop (no two+ night stops/storage) along the way. Pick up to delivery was less than 30 hours.
A group of four TR owners had their Triumphs shipped from the '08 VTR National Convention (NATC '08) in Ypsilanti, Michigan to the Los Angeles area. They used Fed Ex and were very pleased with the experience. There was an article about it the the VTR newsletter, The Vintage Triumph.
Bob
I used Intercity a few years ago, bringing my TR3A from Phoenix to Richmond. It was an exceptional experience. Two-level, fully enclosed trailer and very reliable personnel.
I was unable to meet them on the Phoenix-end of the transfer, and they worked with my designee - covering every detail of the loading and shipment with him. They offered electronic status en-route and gave me an arrival time, +/- one hour. On receipt and unloading, they thoroughly inspected the vehicle with me, only leaving when I was good-to-go.
An aside, the driver invited me to climb into the trailer and check out the TR before he unloaded it. Sitting in front of it was a French Racing Blue Bugatti Type 35. I told the driver to feel free to back it out to keep the Triumph company...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.