• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Are you drunk?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Obviously this conversation needs the Irish Rovers. (I remember once visiting a fellow who had had quadruple bypass walking down the hospital corridor with his IV singing this song.

Country flag
Sat around one evening in college so many years ago and a group of use were passing 3 bottles of Kentucky bourbon around. The stated goal was to decide which tasted best out of two of them and the third was to "wash" the taste of the two being tested out of your mouth between shots. We finished the 3 and I went to bed. About 10 minutes later I headed to the restroom knowing I was going to be sick. Had time to stand there for a few minutes waiting and sure enough, down the bowl it went...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
On first meeting Mitsy, late in 1976, I didn't invite her to my apartment until we'd had several dates. Concerned she might consider me a bad risk. In my living room, against one wall were shelves fifteen feet wide, floor-to-ceiling, stacked up on empty Walker Black Label bottles. Apparently it didn't matter... :D

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Long ago I ran deliveries for an auto parts store. Older counter man named Shorty was stone sober most of the time til he'd go on a two week bender. 6 am when the bar opened and a pint of whiskey to go at closing. "So drunk I gotta hold on to the grass to keep from fallin off the Earth"
Wow, resurrecting the old posts! :p

JamesH

Country flag
a tennessee judge explained the old tennessee caselaw on this once, which he and i agreed that we thought sensible: "drunk is he who cannot rise to drink another."