• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Another new guy

Crazyman60

Freshman Member
Country flag
My name is Tom and am very happy that I found this community. My first car was at fifteen years of age and was a 1975 MG Midget. It was Mirage in color, a most unusual color. I loved that little car.

45 years and 100 pounds later, another MG, a B GT, is in my life. I am just as excited as I was at 15. I look forward to the journey with all of you.

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Welcome Tom, I think you'll find the BGT a bit roomier than the Midget.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you here, Tom! You'll find we have a lot of crazy" men (and women) here!

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome to the forums. You can bet some of us are bigger and older, and in denial, still squeezing into our LBCs.

OP
C

Crazyman60

Freshman Member
Country flag
Once I get in that sucker you can be sure I’m having fun. Thanks for the kind words guys. By the way I named this car. It’s named Basil believe it or not.

OP
C

Crazyman60

Freshman Member
Country flag
2475163E-CAC1-4A27-BDD8-A6DFC4226ED8.jpeg

Nice to meet you. I bought this ‘72 in December in California. It needs a good going over but it is 51 years old. I’m really not sure to where begin on it. It rides like a log wagon and I‘ve got a few electrical gremlins. I have always wanted a GT and I finally have one.

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice GT!

And welcome - grew up (well, that's relative...!) in Shreveport. Went to Youree Dr. Jr. High and Byrd back in the sixties.

OP
C

Crazyman60

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks. Someone painted it Tundra green and it will probably be that for a while. It was originally Mallard green and I hope to go back with that color down the road. Many other things to sort out and I don’t mind the Tundra.
I live in part time in Shreveport and Natchitoches. I was an eighties child and went to Southwood High.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Love Natchitoches - when in band at Youree and Byrd, we always marched in the Christmas parade.

And you may grow attached to Tundra - like Mirage, a rare color.