Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I wish Richard - other than breathing the same air I don't have any attachment to those birds.
Once the kids are grown and I've, in theory, got some more time and my current deligue of projects under control I am planning on volunteering at Plane of Fame. Maybe they'll let me take the trash out or something matched to my skills...
There is a guy here on the coast the frequently runs his P-51 up and down Monterey Bay. Like a kid, every time I hear him, I go out to watch and think how happy I am not to have to put fuel in that thing...
First time I've seen a P51 with fold up wings for aircraft carrier duty.
We had a bunch of them produced locally as the P51D version, and all were land based fixed wing. Still about 5 airworthy examples flying here, and they all get together with our only two Spitfires and a few trundling Trojan T28's every so often, and play merry heck with mock dogfights. Luckily our skys are very open.
One of our Spits from 453 sqaudron flew in action in D Day markings in the last two weeks of WW2. Very historic machine at https://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/
Hi Mate - sorry for the confusion. The first picture is of the P-51 with the engine cowling off. The second picture is of several carrier based, wings folded, also from WWII war birds.
Thanks for the link, looks like a great museum, and good to hear that at least some are in the sky down under!
Are you coming into to driving season now or it is getting hot where you are?
I second the thanks to the fellow downunder for the links. We have a 1/4 scale model jet competition in a couple weeks here in AZ. Never been to one before, but I'm going this time. It's good to get out of the garage once in a while. The wife even got me to go to the Ironman race last week.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.