• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Advice

Vows

Freshman Member
Country flag
I am new to the forum but going to leap into this one. Had a 64 spit in college (loved it), a midget that was too small (10yrs ago), had a Ghia conv, now I have a 650 motorcycle I putt around in, but I miss the roar of classic Eruopean metal. At 6'3 and 240, what 60's era ragtop should I consider that will have a little more giddy up, a little room (I don't mind customizing the driver's seat), if I want to get a little stupid? I like the AH3000, late 50's triumph. I can wrench a little but not afraid to ask for help. 25-40k would be my budget. Is BaT and ebay purchising points? Thanks.. maybe the feeling will pass. No.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
We're enablers, not preventers! Your budget is 25-40K - you are a lucky man!

I'll add some possibilities -

Lotus Elan S2

Porsche 911 SC

Toyota Supra Mk 4

Dodge Viper

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Shelby GT 350

Jaguar F Type SR

Basil

Administrator
Boss
First, welcome to BCF,
Well, sticking to the British "60s era" ragtop theme you intimated, you already mentioned the Austin Healer 3000 (although that might stretch the limits of your budget)

You "might" find a restorable Jag E-Type roadster (but a good driver would probably bust your budget). A 2+2 could probably be had but not a ragtop.

Triumph TR6 would probably fit your frame (not a Spitfire though)

MGB perhaps. You mentioned you had a midget that was too small, but a B might work for you.

Triumph Stag as JP mentioned

Again, welcome to the forum!

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I am new to the forum but going to leap into this one. Had a 64 spit in college (loved it), a midget that was too small (10yrs ago), had a Ghia conv, now I have a 650 motorcycle I putt around in, but I miss the roar of classic Eruopean metal. At 6'3 and 240, what 60's era ragtop should I consider that will have a little more giddy up, a little room (I don't mind customizing the driver's seat), if I want to get a little stupid? I like the AH3000, late 50's triumph. I can wrench a little but not afraid to ask for help. 25-40k would be my budget. Is BaT and ebay purchising points? Thanks.. maybe the feeling will pass. No.
As someone with about the same physical proportions as you, I can say you won't be comfortable in a Jaguar XJS.
I had a 94 V12 Coupe and I loved it but I had zero room if I needed to scratch myself.
There is no unused space in it for anything like a cup holder.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
If there are any car shows in your area maybe some folks with various British cars would let you try their cars on for size.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'll throw in one nobody has mentioned, and I believe you can find one in your price range: Morgan.

OP
V

Vows

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks,
I did see St louis does have an active community. Leaning towards the TR6 or MGB. thanks. This is not a good time to live in small town, nothing around to eyeball. Ill keep an eye on Bat and the classic car dealers nearest. thanks
Frank

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I would avoid BUYING on BaT,as the prices people are paying there are crazy,&
rarely do they see the car in person until it's delivered to them.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW I weigh more than you and drive a Midget so there is room, though my 6'6" son has to look over the windshield.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Do the neighborhood kids all gather around to watch when you ingress and egress?๐Ÿ˜ธ
no they pick it up, turn it upsidedown and shake it. This is a car I don't so much get into as much as wear :ROFLMAO: