Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
In the past I carried a filter adaptor into the store and checked which filters fit. Both thread-wise and by 'O' ring diameter. What I found, was that most anything "Ford-ish" would fit. Then it was just a case of finding what would meet engine/engine bay clearances. The Fram PH3614 and equivalents fit as well. There are probably some filters that are in between the shorty's and the longer ones that will give a bit more surface area and still allow relatively easy removal and replacement.
Years ago, there was a guy that did an extensive examination of virtually all filter brands available. He did extensive comparisons, cutting them open and examining materials and filter quality. He revealed which brand filters were made by whom and cases where products were identical and only labeled as a different brand. He raised the ire of the manufacturers and was threatened with a law suit if he did not take down the site. I think I have the site archived on one of my other drives, but I'd have to search several drives for it.
Anyway, I recall that he considered the Fram to be the worst filter made and that the AC, Purolator and Wix were among the better ones. I usually use the AC when I can find them locally, and I use the Pennzoil brand regularly if I can't find the AC. I'm sure the Mobil 1, K&N and Bosch brands are good, but are more spendy.
I think this might be the same one, perhaps cleaned up and revived. I need to look it over again and see.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.