• Hey Guest!
    British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!

    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)

TR2/3/3A A jammed 3rd/4th gear rod in Triumph gearbox....

karls59tr

Yoda
Bronze
Offline
The gearbox is on a bench for a winter project. I have installed a substitute gearbox on my TR3 so it is driveable but leaks from the rear seals. I see that the rod in question is N/A. I would like to change out the rod seals and see what the damage in that rod is. When it gets jammed is it mostly because the ball and spring get jammed. Is it possible that the rod is stll in good shape. Has anyone opened up the top cover innards and have any thoughts on the matter? Karl
 
Back
Top