• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A favorite female singer

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No argument there!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This was out as I began a life with the USAF and First Wife, an MGB and the hopes for the future.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We saw them while we were on our Honeymoon,
at Lake Tahoe.She had an incredible voice!
We took a trip up to Victoria,BC,then to Tahoe.
Had $5.00 to get back to Eureka.Somehow we made it.
That was 44 years ago.

Dee

Country flag
The Carpenters came to my college ( Kearney State, now University of Nebraska at Kearney) in 1970 or 71. Karen fell ill during the concert and couldn’t finish. They came back a few months later and did a complete show for free. So I got to see them 1 1/2 times.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
She wasn't a bad drummer either.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Very much a guilty pleasure here - loved the Carpenters (and there may have been a crush involved also ;) ) but also the music was a little 'mellow' for the cooler kids. I have always loved it. (and not just gone to soon - but the dangers of eating disorders) :mad:

Country flag
I enjoyed their music, still do. It's unfortunate she passed as she did but at least it brought eating disorders out into the open and perhaps has saved other girls from ending as she did.