• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

A couple "found" pieces

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looking through drawers and shelves, rediscovering things.

Slide copier, the D7500 body will not fit on it, right side of camera too deep to clear the base of the copier. Bummer. May try it with the shortest extension tube.
SlideCopier1.jpg

Original service and parts manuals for the Nikon F

FtNManual1.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Also a couple 35mm Watson daylight bulk loaders. Thought there might be some old T-Max 100 or E'Chrome in one but no such luck.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Looking through drawers and shelves, rediscovering things.

Slide copier, the D7500 body will not fit on it, right side of camera too deep to clear the base of the copier. Bummer. May try it with the shortest extension tube.
View attachment 71101

Original service and parts manuals for the Nikon F

View attachment 71102
I bet an angle grinder on the slide copier would fix that right up.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Stopped short of the die grinder solution. Setting the copier F-mount to the vertical position first allowed the body to be attached and then can be rotated to horizontal. Have to use an AI-S 50mm lens, aperture can be set on the non-automagic optics. Need a light source closer to 5KΒ° but this first shot done with an LED as source. Tweaking to follow!

Papaya1.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A couple more from the copier. Likely we will scan 'em with the Epson, too.

These were among the culls from "The Last Bombing Mission in Southeast Asia" coverage.

First is the crewchief, giving the 'unacceptable' salute to his pilot. The other is the Commander of the 8th T.F.W., Col. Francis Humphries, shooting me shooting him. We laughed, saluted and went on the mission. I wish I could find his shot, it'd be great to put it in a two-photo frame. Didn't find out until he'd passed that he was here at MacDill, as a General and retired in the area. He was a really good guy, too.

UbonSendoff.JPG

ColHumphries1.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I think it was a Contax. And someplace I've a frame of him in the equipment room, putting on his G-suit with a lit cigarette between his lips, under the "NO SMOKING" sign... typical fighter jock!

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Found this Boi but came up short looking for any official photos (which is weird as usually Bios of Generals have their picture)

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Found this Boi but came up short looking for any official photos (which is weird as usually Bios of Generals have their picture)

That's very strange. I've searched his name before and found a bio with his photo. It was more recent and included the fact he'd passed. Can't find it now.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's very strange. I've searched his name before and found a bio with his photo. It was more recent and included the fact he'd passed. Can't find it now.
That is strange. The AF surely has pictures of all Generals.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I keep misspelling his name. Sorry 'bout that.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Need a light source closer to 5KΒ° but this first shot done with an LED as source. Tweaking to follow!
It finally occurred to me that without a slide, you could shoot the light source with auto white balance. Then finding that number, manually set the white balance when shooting with the slides. Not sure how that will effect different emulsions, but that could be figured out with simple math I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It finally occurred to me that without a slide, you could shoot the light source with auto white balance. Then finding that number, manually set the white balance when shooting with the slides. Not sure how that will effect different emulsions, but that could be figured out with simple math I think.
Considering the condition of some of the E'chrome slides, the white balance issue would be moot, methinks. But you're right. And with the more stable dye transfer K'chrome it would work.

Celtic 77

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
A couple more from the copier. Likely we will scan 'em with the Epson, too.

These were among the culls from "The Last Bombing Mission in Southeast Asia" coverage.

First is the crewchief, giving the 'unacceptable' salute to his pilot. The other is the Commander of the 8th T.F.W., Col. Francis Humphries, shooting me shooting him. We laughed, saluted and went on the mission. I wish I could find his shot, it'd be great to put it in a two-photo frame. Didn't find out until he'd passed that he was here at MacDill, as a General and retired in the area. He was a really good guy, too.

View attachment 71130

View attachment 71131
Just saw this post... Have you tried the "fastpeoplesearch" ? It's free and since he has passed, you may still track down some relatives. It's an excellent site. And thanks for your service and welcome home!!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just saw this post... <snip> And thanks for your service and welcome home!!
I appreciate that! THX.
I explain to a lot of folks, my service was just an extension of what I was doing before enlisting. The "welcome home" is more meaningful to those of us who came back from that war. My "homecoming" was walking into SFO in uniform and consisted of eggs and tomatoes being thrown from the "balcony" surrounding the lobby at anyone in uniform, by my supposed (in age) peer-group.

My service CV:
Phlyin' photog, Detachment 10, 1365th, 1361st and 601st HQ ("We kill 'um with fillum!")

AAVS.jpg