Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I'd start by checking the ground. Then the remaining connections. If it still doesn't work properly then you might watch for a used replacement. They can usually be bought very cheap.
I have to do that to my gas gauge on my Bugeye, and your right, it's habit now.
The tach on my 67 just started acting up so I tap on the glass on that now too.
But that has a good ground and clean connections. I just have to tear into it but I have too many projects going on right now.
So tapping works for now :wink:
take it apart and put a few drops of WD40 on the stem with a tooth pick and let it set and run down for a bit. Fixed mine when I had the same problem. I think they just get dry after a bunch of years.
take it apart and put a few drops of WD40 on the stem with a tooth pick and let it set and run down for a bit. Fixed mine when I had the same problem. I think they just get dry after a bunch of years.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.