Just purchased a 76 spitfire. Dash lights not working. I cleaned up the connections a bit & now the my EGR light is the only light on the dash that works. It lights up all the time. Brake & Seatbelt lights flash when the engine is started. The temp, spedo, ... & gas tank lights are not working. The bulbs work.
headlights, brakelights, turn signals, plate lights... all work
I think it's the dimmer switch, maybe the wrong bulbs.. the bulbs in there are screw in... they seem to fit...... any advice?
headlights, brakelights, turn signals, plate lights... all work
I think it's the dimmer switch, maybe the wrong bulbs.. the bulbs in there are screw in... they seem to fit...... any advice?
Hey Guest!
My own opinion is that the 1974 and later "Federal" cars, with the rear frame extensions and increasingly heavier bumpers and such, were just a bit too much weight for the original springs. There are "heavy-duty" replacement springs -- same spring as used on the last of the Mk3 GT6 models -- available for little (if any) more than the cost of the OE spring; they're likely worth it.