Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
that is the question. What's the consensus on the most classic "look" of the BugEye. I have an opportunity to purchase a front bumper and along with the hardware to install it. I know bumpers were optional when the BE's came out. Looking for your opinions.
I like bumpers too. Forward tilt bonnets rules them out for some
and many like the bumperless clean look. I also needed a place
to mount the fog/driving lights. I think bumpers do have a purpose and place in reducing front in dingers.
That said, the front lines of a BE are almost too classic
to "cover up".
Granny says "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."
I sold my front bumper and brackets recently. I finally decided that I would never use them. They can be used with front tilt bonnets without too much trouble.
I like them, however I won't be using mine as I converted the bonnet to a front tilt. I know there are (is) conversion kit(s) out there that allows the bonnet to tilt forward and clear the bumber but I don't wnat to invest in that. I'm keeping the bumber though so any future owner can install it if they want.
Roy
On my `59 I Orig. had the Bumper & Over-riders. It appeared (To Me) as though they "Protruded" too much forward from the bonnet & just did`nt look right or I guess I`ll say; "Just not a clean look".
So; Off they came & I believe it makes the lines look cleaner & racier. "Racier"??
My front bumper was sacrificed in a contest between the car and a brick wall (A long story!)...I have since been bumperless, but certainly can attest to the functionality of the BE bumper...it WORKS!
I prefer the look of the bumperless bugeye, but I am planning to keep the bumper on my car for the reason you cite - it was an option (well, for some apparently - but still) and it's an original part, so I hate to remove it.
I must interject and say that for safety reasons you should have the bumper. It will protect you and your car just long enough to well and truly soil yourself before you hit that tree/ car/ truck/ rock
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.