Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
There is almost never any reason to do that. The bore of the caliper does not form a sealing surface, so it really doesn't matter if it is pitted, etc. Instead the seal (which is just a square O-ring) sits in a groove in the caliper, and rides against the piston.
So remove the pistons, get the rebuild kit plus new pistons & new bleed screws if needed; you should be fine. Apple will do them, of course, but they aren't cheap.
Randell - thanks - I did rebuild them - I may have damage the seal during installation - I did not use new pistons - I'll tare it down, inspect, rebuild - Pray for sucess - thanks again - Miles
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.