Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Not a plug (as I've never used it), but Eastwood has three different radiator paints; it does say on their site: <span style="font-style: italic">Standard engine paints are too thick for radiator use because they can interfere with heat transfer and block air flow between the cooling fins. Also, standard paint tends to flake off radiator tanks. Radiator Black helps solve this problem. </span>
I've used both versions of Eastwood's Radiator Black. The green can has what I would call a 50-60% gloss to it. The orange can is closer to a "standard" satin. I'm using Rust-O-Leum's off the shelf spray gloss and satin as a comparison.
It actually seems to work fine and doesn't require any primer buildup and holds up under use. At least my experience.
I painted my tanks Hunter Green, My signature colour! I did use Eastwood's orange can on the core. Seems to be OK, no peeling or flaking from what I can tell.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.