• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

24 Hrs of Lemons - Shine Country Classic

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
I recently flagged for the 24 Hours of Lemons first race of 2022 at Barber Motorsports Park. I worked Saturday, over 100 cars were on course for 7.5 hours. I was at the hairpin, turn 6 known as Charlotte's Web because of the large spider sculpture on the outside of the turn. It has been a couple of years since I've worked a Lemons race and I have to say it was fun, also intense, they never stopped coming. They continued racing on Sunday for another 7 hours, but with a lunch break.
Some of the cars were pretty interesting and well engineered. The weapon of choice was either a BMW E30 or a 1980 - 2005 Acura.
The unofficial results were #1 2002 Acura RSX (#43), #2 1990 Honda Civic (old race car), #3 1999 Mercedes SLK230 (yellow #170 in pics), and 1970 AMC AMX (#6).
More on my favorite car below.

Obligatory British car connection, a TR8 that I've seen in both Lemons and vintage races in the southeast.

IMG_3045a.jpg

And now for my favorite and most unusual, a 1961 Borgward Isabella Coupe (German) - think the odd red cabriolet in the Entresto commercials. It had a 5.7L Hemi engine - not the fastest, but it handled well and just kept motoring on.

IMG_3034a.jpg

IMG_3055a.jpg

IMG_3056a.jpg

IMG_3057a.jpg

The rest of the pictures I was able to take during their transponder check out laps can be seen at: Shine Country Classic

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
cool! and Isabella is high on my want list. Always thought it would meake a great restomod with BMW gubbins.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I really wouldn't call this racing......It's more of a circus at a race track. I've been involved in such races in the past and it's more of a clown festival.....

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If I ran one of those I have a hard time not to do some
serious racing.