• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How stupid is this

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
I have been a longtime subscriber to Newsweek Magazine. They went down the tube recently and will stop publication forever in December (no political comment needed or intended). The stupid thing is I received a second notice today saying my subscription will expire soon (which it will, real soon) and I needed to renew for 5 years so I could add 2 friends for free.

I was born at night, but not last night.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I heard or read they intend to continue on line, I s'pose mebbe they will get a subscription fee for "unlimited access" to the site. For what a five year subscription costs for the mag, y'oughta get lifetime access. :wink:

For them to solicit money for a "five year" PRINT contract knowing the presses will go quiet seems to be begging for class-action suit.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I used to subscribe Newsweek - back in the day when...they used the be...never mind. :angel: