• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Carnac says

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Carnac.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">"Twenty Bazillion"</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" />]<div style="display: none;">How many configuration settings does Basil's new forum software have?[/QUOTE]</div>

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Hehehe... I remember a classic:

"Yassar Arafat."

"What is the sound made when Dolly Parton reviews her bra."

I kid you not... a classic Carson line from 20+ years ago.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
hmmm - I think I remember "Imitate the sound made when Dolly Parton removes her bra".

That was one of the funniest lines I remember from the Tonight show. And I remember hearing it live!

After Ed's million-word intro, Carnac would finally figure out how to get through the curtain, walk the wrong direction, then trip on the step and fall into the chair. Hysterical.

I think they could re-broadcast every single Johnny Carson Tonight Show for 20 years, and it would still get the highest viewer numbers.

Ol' Tom.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
NutmegCT said:
I think they could re-broadcast every single Johnny Carson Tonight Show for 20 years, and it would still get the highest viewer numbers.

Ol' Tom.

Only among our demographic, Tom... :smirk:

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I'd watch...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
NutmegCT said:
hmmm - I think I remember "Imitate the sound made when Dolly Parton removes her bra".

That was one of the funniest lines I remember from the Tonight show. And I remember hearing it live!

That must have been it. I heard/saw it live too (which is why I think I remembered it). One of the best. I really loved the wacky ones.

And speaking of remembering Carson stuff, I very distinctly remember seeing Sam Kinison doing his classic "Are You Lonesome Tonight" (the Elvis imitation)... one of the funniest things he ever did. I was never much of a fan of his (because he would turn so nasty and foul and loud), but this thing is tempered just enough. I have that as a MP3 or wav file here somewhere and I'm sure it's out there on-line. Sam was really good singer and to hear him combine that with a comedy stunt in the middle of the song was something I'll never forget.

EDIT: found it on YouTube (of course)... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EclQVQGqnZ0
Carson nearly lost it on his show (given his history of marriage), but that isn't shown at the end of this clip. It's worth a complete watch for the fun affect, but the craziness starts at about 1:20.