• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First to say *hi*

Matt B

Howdy...
I got an email about this site today, and it looks great. I'll be keeping my eye on it! I hope it becomes a most successful and busy forum.

As much as I have enjoyed the conversation and the folks and great advice on the email lists...I just don't have the time to deal with all the mail. Hats off to you Cy!...And by the way, is your old high school car currently known as "tancat"? If so, I've seen it a few times...very nice indeed!

Cheers,
Matt B
53 XK120 FHC

Oh...and I hope you don't mind an occasional rant...

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Originally posted by Matt B:
Howdy...
I got an email about this site today, and it looks great. I'll be keeping my eye on it! I hope it becomes a most successful and busy forum.

As much as I have enjoyed the conversation and the folks and great advice on the email lists...I just don't have the time to deal with all the mail. Hats off to you Cy!...And by the way, is your old high school car currently known as "tancat"? If so, I've seen it a few times...very nice indeed!

Cheers,
Matt B
53 XK120 FHC

Welcome to the forum, Matt! And yes, TANCAT (license plate) was my old High School car! It was quite a thrill to find it again after 28 years! And I was so happy to learn that it was still in fantastik, mostly original condition.

And no, we don't mind the occasional rant - Jag owners are entitled to rant.

Cheers,
Cy (Basil)

J

Jagdreamer

Originally posted by Matt B:
Howdy...

Cheers,
Matt B
53 XK120 FHC

Welcome to the forum Matt. I;ve been on here since shortly after Basil started and, while its been slow going, things have started to pick up a bit. I think it just takes time for people to change old habits (like mailing lists). I think slowly as more people give it a try and realize how increadibly easy it is and how convenient not having to get all those emails all the time, I think activity will eventually be great. I'm glad you decided to post when you signed up. I seem to see a LOT of people who register, but then we never hear a peep from them. Not sure why that is, but like I said, things have picked up lately and I am confident this is going to be a great forum!

JD