• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fun Run to British Invade Gettysburg -Sun. July 12

bull30

Freshman Member
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Fun Run to Gettysburg
Sunday, July 12
Meet: 7:00 - 8:00am Depart: 8:15am</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Details:</span> We will meet at the Starbucks in Mt. Airy, MD (directions below) and drive an exciting and challenging route to the British Invade Gettysburg event. This is one of my favorite routes with lots of twisties for us to enjoy.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost:</span> The event costs $10.00 per car entry fee day of event. You can pre-register for $7.00 at the following link: British Invade Gettysburg

<span style="font-weight: bold">RSVP:</span> Appreciated but not necessary, you can just show up and join in on the fun. RSVP to: bull_30@verizon.net

Let's make this a GREAT showing of all British marques... Gina and I look forward to see everyone on July 12th at the meeting place...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #000099">Directions to Starbucks in Mt. Airy:</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">From RT 270 DC Area:</span>
Get off RT 270 at Exit 16A which is Father Hurley Blvd/RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the end of the exit ramp bear RIGHT on Father Hurley Blvd / RT 27 and continue thru Damascus past I-70 then continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

<span style="text-decoration: underline">From RT 70 Frederick Area:</span>
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn left on RT 27 and continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

<span style="text-decoration: underline">From RT 70 Baltimore Area:</span>
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn right on RT 27 and continue to the next light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address…

<span style="font-weight: bold">STARBUCKS</span>
Mount Airy Shopping Center
400 Ridgeville Blvd
Mount Airy, MD 21771
301-829-6391

OP
bull30

bull30

Freshman Member
Less than a week away... I ran the route to B.I.G. yesterday... It's an excellent route with NO traffic lights (except leaving & arriving at Gettysburg Village)... We should have a lot of fun...

Hope to see you at the meeting place this Sunday :laugh:

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Understand there were over 200 cars there. We were on the W coast or would have shown...it is always a fun show & I like the no-judge/vote approach. What was your route to the show??

Country flag
Hi Dale - It was a pretty good show, with well over 200 cars. Seemed to be very heavy with MGs and Trimuphs. But there was a fair number of other marques there too. Even some vintage motorcycles - I think we'll probably go again next year, let me know if you decide to go.

Larry :savewave: