• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Great Scot ! British Car Show, Sat. June 6th

Come join us at the 1st annual Great Scot! British Car show, at Furman University in Greenville, SC. The Great Scot! British car show will be ran in conjuntion with Greenville Scottish Games, one of the largest Scottish games in America.
This will be so much more than a car show, the Scottish games includes Highland type cmptetitions, Border Collie dog competitions, bonnie lad and lassie compatition, childrens athletics, Scot Irish food, vendors and music, and much more. To say Furman University is perfect venue for a car show is a understatment, and the car show will held is what Furman refers to as "The Mall" which is a grass divided road lined with oak tree, so plenty of shade for the car show entrants. The event is open to all makes of British cars, and the featured make is Lotus this year.

You can get more info about the car show here.
www.greenvillegames.org

For any questions contact
britishcarshow@bellsouth.net

OP
Hap Waldrop
Bumping this, This event is this weekend, this is the first year for this event, and it is unique over most car shows, because it way more than just car show, lots of things to do with the Scottish games outside of the normal car show happenings.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Hap,

Man, I`m missing another Great looking outing!! I`ll be participating "For Sure" next year.

Hey Gundy; Did you see this one? I`m sure you know about it anyway.

Y`All have Yourselves a really nice time.

Regards,

Russ

Country flag
Hap, I went to a similar car show/Scottish Festival back in May (Here in KY). It was great fun. Small car show (50-75 cars), but much to see and do. Have fun!

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
toysrrus said:
Hi Hap,

Man, I`m missing another Great looking outing!! I`ll be participating "For Sure" next year.

Hey Gundy; Did you see this one? I`m sure you know about it anyway.

Y`All have Yourselves a really nice time.

Regards,

Russ

We'll be there with both the MGB and the AH Mk1.
Get yer butt down here!

OP
Hap Waldrop
Well they say it will be sunny and 82 here tommorow, heading that way in just a minute to get direction signs up and the field marked, if any of you are on the fence about this event, it should be blast, with plenty to do and see. Our first year we esimate about 75 cars, we have 64 throphies to hand out, good looking throphies I might add, this show is going to be a hit in the future. I heard a good tip from the local news guy about the Scottish games, avoid anything from the Scottish food vendors with pudding in the name :smile:

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
Sounds like reasonable advice,Hap. But the only thing I can think of is "black pudding".And even I would avoid that. :devilgrin: :jester: Of course,if it's washed down with a single malt,I might have a bite or two. :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great day. :savewave:

Stuart. :cheers:

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Wow, I wish we could be there, but SC is a far drive from AZ. Our local groups show at our local Highland Games annually. Next year I hope my Jensen Healey will be out there on the grounds.

As a Scot, I can say, don't fear anything that doesn't require a volume of HP sauce greater than the meal. :smile: Dad so loved the kidney pies, but we could only consume them and deal with the smell with enough HP sauce (worchester sauce works in a pinch, but in massive volumes) and a pile of mashed potatoes to covr it. Ironically, haggis was well recieved by comparison. :smile:

Have a meat pie for me, and enjoy the show, it's a big family gathering out here!

Cheers!
Jody (Clan Kerr, Innes, Cameron, and others)

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Hap,

Should there be a Trophy for someone who really wants to be there but can`t; Please enter my name!

A "Wannabe Up-State Local from Out-of-State" class!!

Man, Y`All have a sunny, fun day.

Regards,

Russ

OP
Hap Waldrop
Well, I guess we should have had a pool on cars entered, I've been saying all along if we could get 75 car to car shaow that didn't even exist 75 days ago, we'd be doing a bang up job, we had 75 cars exactly, alot of variety, plenty Midgets, MGBs, Triumph, and a few Lotus, a 1934 Riley, Morgans, T sries, MGAs, Jags, Mini, lots of cool cars, had a ball at the Scottish games as well. The show field was the shadiest place at the games, so we got plenty of folks come look at our cars. Next year, I think I join a Klan, they seem to feed and you well, and have plenty of single malt to sip on, plus add to that a kilt, commando style in june sounds pretty comfortable, I fiquire with my name of Waldrop and the wife's maiden name of Bryce we fit in there somewhere :smile:

Thanks to all that came, we plan on making the car show bigger and better next year.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Hap,

Pics, Please post some pics or for sure; Please email me some pics so I can eat my heart out!!

See Y`All real Soon,

Regards, Russ

PS: Please email pics to: toysrus@ptd.net