• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Unprofessional salesman

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Years ago we were at an all inclusive resort in the Caribbean. Massages were included in the price. Tipping was not permitted. My massage was great but, SWMBO's masseuse spent the entire hour telling SWMBO how hard her life was and the children and the single parenthood and the list went on. Clearly fishing for a tip - except that it was an all inclusive - so you don't carry money! great concept really really lousy execution!

Needless to say SWMBO who has a much much softer heart for a sob story (after all she married me ;p ) came out of the massage way way way tenser than she went in.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
In an opposite circumstance, a guy came into the dealership thinking he was in the Fiat dealer. His bro-in-law had a Fiat 124 and he was impressed. After he'd been told the error he was curious about an Alfa Spider. I took him out in one, drove it first and turned the driver's seat over to him. Totally inept! When we thankfully got back to the shop, I tried to diplomatically explain he may not be a good fit for the Spider... apparently he took that as a challenge of some sort, or perhaps an insult, not sure which. He bought a Spider. I took it as an: "I'll show YOU!"

Less than six weeks later it was rolled into a ball. He lived but we never saw him again. Proving to me that folks don't believe car salesmen. IYSWIM.