• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR6 40 DCOE Webers Jets needed to borrow them

hondo402000

Darth Vader
When I rebuild my TR6 Engine this fall I will need to rejet my 40 DCOE Webers, actually they run rich now, however I wanted to see if any members that have extra idle jets, air correctors acc jets emulsion tubes etc, well all you have. its difficult to get webers dialed in since you have to purchase anything in sets of 6 to find out its not quite right and then you make a guess at what next to buy and then just give up getting it close. I do have a lot of different sizes too. So if you have left overs I can borrow and I will make sure you get reimbursed for the jets I keep and I will return the unused ones or buy and send you what I keep. PM me if you are interested and in return if someone else needs to do some experimenting I will let them borrow mine. Anyone interested PM me.

Hondo

R

RonMacPherson

Okay, as far as swag on jetting; what you find in most magazines/catalogs is waaay out in the ballpark.

Recommend, One find a dyno operator who knows carbs and is willing to help you(mapping afr paths, etc), two spend some time on the web. Teglerizer, Hot6 both have articles, among lots of others that will help get you in the ballpark for initial investment.

I found that a Z car site had a Weber guru who cleared up a lot of misconceptions on DCOE's, idle setup(the idle screw is not how you set the initial idle, it is just "fine" tuning after you have the idle jets selected. emission tube selection and most importantly to go one size under on the choke size, for street operation.

All the catalogs throw in the cfm formula, which is fine if you are going to be running full throttle all the time... So if you go from say 30's to 28's your airflow speed and fuel mixture capabilities improve inside the carburetor(good ol' Bernoulli effect in operation)..

OP
hondo402000

hondo402000

Darth Vader
Ron
thanks I will look up the z car site, but I have purchase a weber book showing all the replacement parts, ie, idle jets, emulsion tubes, air corrector jet sizes, main jets etc,and their sizes I have read and re-read the book several times, printed terries article out so I do have a pretty good knowledge on how they work and when Bob Mason at mason racing engines in RI rebuilds my engine I am going to let him run it in on the Dyno and he said he could dial the carbs in best he could, I did switch to 28 chokes and My current set up runs well but just rich, but once the engine is rebuilt that setup will no longer work since I am going to 78 mm pistons which should put the CC up to 2750, and CC the head and 9.5 compression Heck it could be spoton when done. But inorder to try to have as many differnent sizes of jets during dyno I am enlisting the help of the forum to borrow as much and return whats not needed and reimburse for the jets used. You know that I could spend 500.00 on different configuration to get it right and dyno time is not cheap. and once dialed in the other jets are pretty much usless.

thanks for your comments and direction to the Z car site

Hondo

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Be careful with loaned air and fuel jets, the number on the jet may or may correspond to the actual orifice size. Over the years a previous tuner may have reamed them and not changed or obliterated the number.