• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Things to know when I eventually change forum soft

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Although the change to the new forum software has been on hold for a while, I will eventually get it done and move as much as possible to the new forum. But there are going to be some limitations that you need to be aware of.

1. All of the current forums, threads and posts will move to the new forum;. However, any links that are contained in posts that point to other forum topics will no longer work. This is because those links will point to URLs for the OLD forum. Nothing I can easily do about that.

2. Most of the "basic" user profile info will transfer, but not sure if all of the non-standard user profile info (like what kind of British car you have) will transfer. In which case, you will want to edit your profile in the new system.

3. Any current links to forum posts in Google will stop working, so Google will have to completely re-index our site. Not sure haw long that will take.

4. <span style="font-weight: bold">Private Messages</span>. The new system counts PMs differently. The old forum counts each PM with all of its replies as a single PM. The new system counts each reply to a PM as a separate PM. So, you may have 20 PMs now in your inbox, but if each PM had a total of 10 posts/replys, then when we transfer to the new system, you will have 200 PMs. Also, the new PM system does not "thread" the messages - each reply is a separate message. I hate that about the new system, but that's how it works and there's nothing I can do about it.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
No problem here, just keep up the good work, appreciate all you do!!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DON'T DELETE THE MG FORUM!!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We all can adapt to the new forum... no problem.

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
No complaints here!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
No complaints here either. If we have the audacity to complain perhaps we should have the ability/intelligence/willingness, etc. to do what you do. Obviously none of us does so...

Enough said except :thankyousign: for all that you do.