• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The British Invasion

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Anyone on this forum happen to live in New England? More to the point, is anyone planning on attending/showing at the British Invasion at Stowe, Vermont this coming Sept. 19-21? I've been a few times before and I can tell you it's really fun because we basically take over the entire town and all you see are British sports cars coming and going. Your arm gets tired from waving!

Well over 600 cars will be shown and hundreds more can be found in the parking lot & up for sale. Plus, there are loads of spare parts being offered for sale. I'll be there with my BJ7 and hope to see some of our members there, too.

https://www.britishinvasion.com/

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
My wife and I with some friends will be going up. If the BCF T-shirt isn't too shabby I'll probably be wearing it. I actually have been trying to finish my car enough to drive it up but it is a long trip from here. Would probably be deaf by the time we got there. Dave. :smile:

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Yep, I don't even know the name of the place we're staying at. I'll have to talk to the smart half.

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I've stayed at Commodores Inn whenever I've gone. It's a little south of the main part of town so it's easy-in and -out. A lot of attendees stay at Ye Olde England Inn and the owner of the inn is one of the Invasion's organizers and sponsors. I might try to stay there this time.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I've stayed at Commodores Inn whenever I've gone. It's a little south of the main part of town so it's easy-in and -out. A lot of attendees stay at Ye Olde England Inn and the owner of the inn is one of the Invasion's organizers and sponsors. I might try to stay there this time.

Should be easy to meet up. I'm staying at the Commodores.

BJ8TONY

Silver
Country flag
Hello

I hope to be in Stowe as well.
My wife and I have been going since the first one.
Missed maybe 5 along that time.
Hopefully the Healey makes it up as I have not had it on the road for maybe 14 yrs.
We have been taking the E-Type for a while.
Staying at the Gray Fox Inn.
See you there....

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
HealeyRick & everyone who are planning on attending: I just tried to book my room at Commodore's Inn and found that they are already sold out. StoweFlake has some rooms still available, albeit more expensive than Commodore's. There are probably other choices but thought I'd give you the heads up. I booked at StoweFlake.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
HealeyRick & everyone who are planning on attending: I just tried to book my room at Commodore's Inn and found that they are already sold out. StoweFlake has some rooms still available, albeit more expensive than Commodore's. There are probably other choices but thought I'd give you the heads up. I booked at StoweFlake.

Thanks, we are already booked at Commodore's.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
LOL, I still don't know where we are staying. Our friends have booked the week-end for us and we haven't talked about it lately. My wife will probably tell me the morning we are leaving to go. :smile: I'll just keep an open mind and hope to visit with all of you while there. Dave C.

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I'm hoping for good weather. I was planning on taking the Healey to Lime Rock this weekend, but it doesn't look like good weather for the ride back home, so I'm probably taking the daily driver. Hope British Invasion will be drier.
Speaking of weather, the forecast for this weekend in Stowe is pretty dismal: 60% chance of rain on Saturday and 80% on Sunday. If the forecast doesn't improve by this time tomorrow, I'm going to cxl my hotel reservation and skip the show.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Speaking of weather, the forecast for this weekend in Stowe is pretty dismal: 60% chance of rain on Saturday and 80% on Sunday. If the forecast doesn't improve by this time tomorrow, I'm going to cxl my hotel reservation and skip the show.

That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully, the forecast will improve. BTW, I sent you a PM.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
LOL, I still don't know where we are staying. Our friends have booked the week-end for us and we haven't talked about it lately. My wife will probably tell me the morning we are leaving to go. :smile: I'll just keep an open mind and hope to visit with all of you while there. Dave C.

Dave,

It was great meeting up with you and putting a face to a name. The British Invasion was quite the show with somewhere between 600-700 British cars on the field. Healeys were well represented with three entered in the Concours. Probably about 30 Healeys in the popular judging and I got a chace to meet up with lots of old friends from the New England Region of the AHCA. My car was in the Modified British Car class and I took home a second place plaque, which was more a testament to the size of the class than the quality of the car. The class winner was this wild VTEC powered Mini, that was just immaculate:

IMG_20140920_141841522_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140920_141847246_HDR.jpg

More event photos here, frow where I cribbed the Mini pics: https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,2802529,2802529#msg-2802529

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Sorry I missed it, guys. I've been suffering from a toothache and managing it with Vicodin so I wan't up for the trip. Off to the dentist now...

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
It was a good show. I don't get to see too many little british cars around here so I was really exicited about it.
Healey Rick, I'm glad you spoke up while I was there. It is good to meet the people you talk with on the Forum. Congratulations on the award. Your modified Healey is making me think of my next project. Hmmmm! Maybe? I will keep my current BJ7 original but the next, ???? I really wanted to drive my Bj7 up to there but I was concerned about the length of the trip. As it turned out Google Maps gave me a left hook and severly underestimated the travel time to get there. It is good that I drove the Vette. We were on the road for approx. 10.5 hours on the way up. Of course construction and traffic had a big impact on that. And on the interstates I was running around 75 most of the time. Coming up from I-87 on route 22a and 7 was really slow going. On the way home I decided to take I-89 to 91 to Hartford. More miles but believe it or not I got home in just over 8 hours. Next year I'll do as my wife suggested first, spend 2 days with the Healey driving thru the Adirondacks then to Stowe. Smart woman. See you then. Dave. (thanks for the Pics)