• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Stay Warm ya'll

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
We were at 11ΒΊ F here this morning. It's 22 now (almost 10AM) and supposed to reach a blistering 53 by 2PM. Still have not had any snow to speak of (light dusting a couple weeks ago).

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mmmyy ffinggers arre nnummbbb....

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
I feel for ya Doc, it's a numbingly bone chilling 57 here. I can't imagine your pain.:nana:

Country flag
Hit -9 in the suburbs this morning as I was driving to work at 6am. Car sits outside as the good stuff occupies the garage. Started fine, but had to run for a bit before the throttle cable warmed enough to not stick when I pressed the gas. Now into the low teens. Supposed to be like this until the beginning of next week.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's been about 9 degrees to about 30 today.
Not as unbearable as I thought it'd be.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That assumes he owns any! Bermuda Shorts may be all he has.

Along with a thin nylon "windbreaker" jacket. Garbage in this weather. Went out yesterday and spent money on clothing I haven't had since life in Sewickley. Likely won't use the stuff ever again after the next two weeks pass. *sheesh*.

Got a leather biker jacket with quilted lining. With my black watch-cap, sunglasses and cargo pants, Mitsy exclaimed: "Holy Mother! You're "Heisenberg"!!!" ...Now what I need is a black pork-pie hat.

Currently it's 44*F and raining. Temp's not too bad until you factor in the humidity and breeze. Looking at possible freezing temps overnight for a couple more days. That plays he77 with strawberry crops and the various citrus farms.

Strawberry shortcake is gonna be an expensive luxury for y'all come July.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I feel for ya Doc, it's a numbingly bone chilling 57 here. I can't imagine your pain.:nana:

After I got back to Pittsburgh in May '74, having spent a year in Thailand and Viet Nam, I realized my body thrived in 100*F and high humidity MUCH better than the west Pennsylvania climate. Took the winter of '78 to convince me to move to lower latitudes. Apparently not low enuff now!

Basil said:
I'm chatting FaceTime with a former co-worker who is in Tamp - he said it was a tad chilly there today!

Yeah, he left ABQ recently enuff that he hasn't acclimatized just yet. Give him a few more Tampa summers, then throw this stuff at 'im and see what his reaction is! :smirk:

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Currently it's 44*F and raining. Temp's not too bad until you factor in the humidity and breeze. Looking at possible freezing temps overnight for a couple more days. That plays he77 with strawberry crops and the various citrus farms.

Strawberry shortcake is gonna be an expensive luxury for y'all come July.
We got you covered out here in CA. It's a chilly 53*F, with rain forecast for this afternoon.