• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shenandoah Valley Brit Car Club show Sat. Oct. 2

V

vagt6

Who's going?

It's at Riverside park in Waynesboro this Saturday, Oct. 2 (directions): https://www.svbcc.net/CarShow2010/carshowmap10.htm

Show brochure: https://www.svbcc.net/CarShow2010/CarShowBrochure10b.pdf

I've registered my MG and will be there schmoozing the crowd so they'll vote for my car. I have been known to offer bribes . . . usually in the form of cold beer (don't tell the judges).

Lots of very nice cars, usually over 100 registered. This is the oldest Brit car show in the region.

Food will be served, usually really good barbeque from a catering company.

Weather looks perfect and the leaves will be changing up on the mountain ridges. Nice cars, nice people, absolutely beautiful, wooded park setting near the river.

It would be great to meet some BCF'ers there. Look me up, I'm showing the '74 Midget, white/tan interior.

Country flag
I was hoping to go and meet my brother there. Logistically not feasible this year. Look for a very light blue (almost white) TR3 with driving lights in the grill, no front bumper, red interior and a TALL guy driving - tell him his brother says Hi! :laugh:

rggav

Mark, There are a bunch of us from the Williamsburg British Car Club going. We will see you there. Raining right now but weather looks good for Friday morning and Saturday. It is my first time to the show but everyone in the club says it is a great show. We plan to visit Crabtree falls on the way.

OP
V

vagt6

The weather will be perfect. Turn your heaters on on the way over in the morning, a bit on the cool side. But looks like a perfect, cloudless day!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for everyone. My Midget is glacier white with autumn leaf (tan) interior, rostyles, mostly stock looking. I don't usually hang near my car as I'm out commensurating with all my old LBC friends at the show. Leave a note in my driver's seat if you have a message, etc.

The weather gods cooperate yet again, it hasn't rained on this show in quite some time.

Clean livin', that's gotta be it . . . :yesnod:

Country flag
Mark, please spread the word among your friends and contacts about my brother's 66 MkII Saloon project/parts car. He'd like to move it before the snow flies. His name is Herb. He'll be at the show and can answer questions, etc. Thanks!

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I would love to go, but a little far for us. On Saturday we are going to Sears Point Raceway for the classic car races. At noon we are going to do a few parade laps in our cars. It should be a lot of fun.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
How did the show turn out? Our son had a band competition in Charlottesville so we couldn't make it unfortunately!

Scott

Lewis_McDorman

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather was perfect. Lots of stunning cars. Surprisingly, only two MGA's by the time I left, only one Tiger and no alpines. It was worth the trip and I will make it an annual event for myself if I can.

OP
V

vagt6

146 registered cars turned out, a very good showing. The Club reoord was around 200 cars several years ago, 150 last year. Recent very rainy weather may have scared a few away. Weather conditions were perfect, field was not wet or muddy.

A good showing by the MG marque with a 1933 roadster, lots of T-series cars, several nice MGAs, only two Midgets, at least twenty MGBs, several nice MGCs, and a few BV/8s.

Good showing by the big Healey crowd, as usual, with one Bugeye, one Sprite. One very nice Jensen Interceptor.

A '67 Riley Elf, drove up from NC and in perfect condition. Rare car. Plenty of old and new Minis.

A nice row of Morgans, new and old. Plenty of Jags, new and old. About 3 perfectly restored MK IIs and a VERY nice 420 (that I helped to start at an Exxon station on Rt. 250 in C'ville because the lady driver didn't know how to work the choke).

Triumphs, a bushel. Nice showing of all TR models, a nice Italia, several nice Spits, but sadly no GT6 for about the 3rd year.

I could go on: a nice AC; a few beautiful vintage Rollers; a perfect Austin Princess; and a 1960 Nash in perfect condtion, the "Nancy Drew" model (this model Nash had MGA engine and gearbox)!

Great show, great people, good food. Next year is our 30th anneversary of the show.

Cheers to all who came and participated.

rggav

What a great show. It stopped raining on Thurs just enough for me to wash my car and then shammy it dry in the garage. The rain stopped Friday and we had a beautiful drive up to Waynesboro. First nice fall day we have had after this brutal summer. The show and weather were great all weekend. Some very beautiful cars. My favorite was the baby blue 1965 MGB with whitewalls which won the chrome bumper MGB class. Congrats to the Williamsburg BCC for winning three firsts and two seconds in class.