• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Purchasing a new MG...

eBopBob

Freshman Member
I'm interested in purchasing a new MG, an MG ZS 110+ to be exact.

I've read some reviews, and so on... and all the reviews say I should purchase something else such as an Alfa Romeo, or some other car which would be the same price, but better.

Is this true? Are new MG cars... not that good?
I personally want a British car, and don't want a German, Japanese or Italian car... so...?

Any comments on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

William

Darth Vader
Have you test driven one, yet? Let that be your deciding factor, that is, whether you like the car, compared to the Alfa Romeo or whatever the magazine is saying is "better". I read a lot of the British car magazines, and they do often tend to be hard on the new generation of MGs, mostly because they are based on pretty old structures from Rover. Sadly, they seem to let this phobia of old designs rule their reviews, and will usually end up saying that car X is better because its newer. Like I said, go test drive the MG, and give a try to the competition, and buy whichever one you like, not some journo who doesn't have to live with the car. And good luck!!!
-William
PS- much of the membership of this site is based in North America, where the new generation of MGs are not sold. Consequently, most of us don't have any experience driving these cars, so we can't really help you make a decision. On the other hand, I think many of us would be interested to hear what a non-journalist thinks of these cars, so if you do test or buy one, we'd probably like to hear about it!