• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pop Trivia Quiz

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Since this one is answered let me pose another academy award related one. Who is the only man to have won a rodeo world championship as well as an academy award?

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Who technically was not allowed to fly combat missions but just do gunnery instruction. But on a number of occasions he flew over Europe as an "observer".
Hemingway?????

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The answer to the original question:
Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable.
1710430499106.png

:ROFLMAO:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Since there are a lot of Air Force guys here, here is a new trivia question for you. Who has earned the most Distingushed Service Crosses? I'll give you a hint, I do mean DSC and not DFC.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
You mean - the guy who was a WW1 ace, racecar ace, sold his own marque passenger cars, survived 24 days adrift in the Pacific during WW2, and was head of Eastern Airlines?

hmmm - can't seem to remember ...

Country flag
Hemingway?????
Gable entered the service and was a gunnery instructor. Due to his high profile he was ordered not to fly outside England's airspace as they worried what it would look like if here were captured or killed over occupied territory. But it is documented that you could say he "snuck" onto several bombing raid flights as an observer. Probably fired on German aircraft too, but wat I've seen isn't clear on that.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
You mean - the guy who was a WW1 ace, racecar ace, sold his own marque passenger cars, survived 24 days adrift in the Pacific during WW2, and was head of Eastern Airlines?

hmmm - can't seem to remember ...
I just looked him up on Wikipedia. I knew the basics about his achievements - but the details are insane!! I lost count of how many times he cheated death. Impressive fellow!

Last edited:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mike - another of Rickenbacker's "he cheated death" events. He just barely survived a commercial DC-3 crash in 1941. Horribly injured and burned, and actually left for dead by the hospital team.

crash.jpg

But he made it.

In 1947 he flew an Eastern Airlines DC-3 into Bradley Airport (Hartford/Springfield) - the first commercial passenger flight to that field.

Last edited: