• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Plasti-Kote

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I read on another forum that MG TD engine paint is Plasti-Kote #1531.
My question is this. Where can I but it? Has anyone purchased it and know if any of the large chains carry it?
Vince

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
HI Vping , I am of the opinion that "Plasti-Kote" has been purchased and is no longer available under that name. However, there are dealers on the Internet that have some stock on hand and E-bay has some sellers there too. Maybe you can locate a can using those sources. I have used their product extensively in the past and found it to be excellent.--Fwiw---Keoke

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Valspar has purchased them. I found a local supplier but they no longer have that color. The local supplier is not a chain but just an AP store.

R6MGS

Yoda
Not sure if you yanks have Tremclad paints, but their readily available up here....and "Wild Raspberry" is very close to the MG engine color, that murky maroon....I'll try to get a pic of my TC motor painted.

R6MGS

Yoda
Here, I wish I had a pic now thats it's semi together(real purty)....But this will have to do...
028_28.jpg

I am using the Tremclad color I mentioned above...The pic does kinda distort the color a bit, but I've held up original peices to it and it's a very close match /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Gona be nice.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Vping, search Amazon Com there are dealers there that have Plastikote paint, might have the color you are looking for??.---Keoke

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Gona be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure will be....I get excited just thinking about what this car is going to look like when I am done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/square.gif

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I thought that I read somewhere, probably a Moss Ad, that Moss now has the proper paint color for early engines in a rattle can. Not sure though. PJ

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And that is true.