• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Photos from the Blount British Car Show May 8 2010

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ha, green bugeye has his rear bumperetts upside down.

Really really nice work on the engine room of the red one.

Nice place for a show, just looked so quiet and peaceful.

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Townsend touts itself as the quiet side of the Smokies. Weather was perfect. Big entry.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
nice - thanks. Love the white gauges in the yellow car

Country flag
I wanted to go, but I was just in Townsend last summer for the Healey meet. Weather was crap for that one! But still fun all the same.

bthompson

Jedi Warrior
Citron is such a cheerful color on a Midget! Nigel was, before he was painted ubiqui-red...I've often wondered what he would've looked like with his original paint. Now I know:
Blount_British_Car_Show_May8_2010004.thumb.jpg

mrsprite

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Heh....gotta love the recovered Fiero seats! I was big into Fieros in the 90's before getting the LBC bug......Fiero seats are comfy. :smile:

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The citron Midget was outstanding. Everything about it was superbly done. The seats looked like they belonged in the car.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sorry I missed it, Ray. Had an all-day meeting in Murfreesboro. Work sure gets in the way, doesn't it?

On a happier note, Janet and I bought a small cabin in Townsend, so we'll be spending more time over that way. Plans are to retire there. :thumbsup:

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Good idea Mickey, give us the cabin address and we will help get it broken in for you this summer.

What kind of temp. does that area have in the summer. I need a place in the 70s to get away to for a week or so.

mxp01

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Ray:

Is your car in these photos?

Mike Pennell

PS: My Bugeye finally made it to Nassau. Its great driving along the ocean front.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
jlaird said:
Good idea Mickey, give us the cabin address and we will help get it broken in for you this summer.

What kind of temp. does that area have in the summer. I need a place in the 70s to get away to for a week or so.

It can get warm, but the nights are fantastic! Can't wait to get over there.

We're headed over in a couple weeks for a couple days. Probably will do that over the summer; then in the fall, we'll take a couple weeks to stay there.

As Ray said, Townsend is the "quiet side" of the Smokies, and folks there would just as soon it stay that way. Works for us!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Getting back on topic, what kind of mixture of cars did you see? And the count? It's usually a small, though very nice, show.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My comment about the upside down bumperetts seems to have struck a nerve.

DUPLAQA1952 said in a PM, then put me on ignore so I could not respond. "why are you so judgemental? maybe he likes them better that way. you must have been as big a jerk in the military"

Hmmm, judgemental, me, gesh. I said "Ha, green bugeye has his rear bumperetts upside down."

Nothing judgemental there, just a statement of fact that maybe, just maybe the owner of the green Bugeye did not know and would like to. After all what little I can see of the rest of the car looks preaty darn nice.

For DUPLAQA1952. Sorry you were haveing a bad day.

OP
W

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Mike

Do you really like Nassau better than Spring Hill? I'm so envious. The Whitephrog did not make her debut at Townsend. I've now targeted a show in Hendersonville, NC in September or the Chattanooga show in October as the grand reveal.

1974MGMidget

Ray, great pictures and thanks to everyone for the very kind comments about my Citron Midget! There was a good turnout for midgets - 7 chrome and 3 rubber. And, to show the quality of the ones that did come - I only came in third behind the red one next to me and a very nice black one with tan interior. The weather there was great! After several years of monsoons, the weather was near perfect.

The last I heard, there were 135 registered cars. I think a lot of people drove up for the day when the weather turned out so nice. Lotus was the featured marque and I think there were 5, all different, from a very nice Elan 1600 to a couple of the more modern models and a model 7. Also two interesting old Rileys and a Marcos. The Marcos looks so low that it looks like you are sitting below the top of the tires! Looks like you're sitting on the ground, don't know how you get in and out of that thing! There was also a very old (30's-40's?) Triumph Mayflower. It was completely unrestored and in very poor condition, but great potential.

Ray, my wife and I wanted to go to the Hendersonville show as we haven't been and thought NC in the fall would be nice. Unfortunately, we already planned on going to the Southeast British Car Festival in Dillard, GA this year so will have to wait until next year. But, we might see the whitephrong at the Choo-Choo!

Cheers,
Jack

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
1974MGMidget said:
There was also a very old (30's-40's?) Triumph Mayflower. It was completely unrestored and in very poor condition, but great potential.

1949-1953 they made them, another example of not understanding the new (particularly North American) market. I absolutely love them. There is a lovely one not too far from here - not too much money either.

https://www.littlebritainmotorcompany.info/index.php?id=1952_triumph_mayflower

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had money and space - Ooo does that sound like a familiar refrain?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Many things are not quite stock but neither is Miss Agatha. John has done a super restoration job though, she would find room in my garage.

alsmith

Jack, glad to see you on the BCF. hope to see you at Rome this weekend if the rain does not get us. wow if you got third then the other cars must have been perfect. not sure my Midget will make it this weekend as I am having trouble with my HIF44 conversion but maybe.