• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Photobucket

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hi Pat, welcome back!

I lost interest before updating all my old posts (gad, I post a lot!) but I did at least get all my old photos back from PB and moved most of them to Imgur. I used the process described here https://techgirlkb.guru/2017/12/download-images-held-hostage-photobucket/ to get a list of photos to download, and wrote a small Windows script to download them using a utility known as 'cURL' https://curl.haxx.se/
I don't know if it will be helpful to you or not; but if you'd like to see the script, it's available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GXN5rHkE3Lc-LTRiM08kjblIAFNaJ-3P
(Note that line 48 has to be adjusted for the length of your base directory name. Since it was basically "single use", I didn't bother writing a more elegant way to isolate the subdirectory names from the input file list.)

PB was not reliable then (perhaps still isn't), so the script doesn't always get the file. But it works most of the time (maybe 90%) and is designed to run multiple times to pick up the files missed before. IOW, it won't download the file if there is already one on the local hard drive.

PatGalvin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks Randall. Hope you are doing well. I don't think my computer skills are up to dealing with a Windows script. Would probably take me days to figure that out.
After using Imgur for hosting, did you go back and renew links to newly hosted photos to clean up some of your posts? Wondering just how tedious this may be.

Thanks and great to see you are still making your valuable contributions to the Triumph community!

pat

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
After using Imgur for hosting, did you go back and renew links to newly hosted photos to clean up some of your posts? Wondering just how tedious this may be.
I tried, but only did a very few. Turns out the forum won't let you edit really old posts; and I wasn't sure how much benefit it would be anyway. No one has ever asked me to repost them. I found it very tedious, in part because Imgur does not support sub-directories and so I was forced to create a different directory structure than I had used on PB. It's probably better in some ways, but still not as intuitive as I would like.

OP
CJD

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
It's that time of year. I found my photobucket pics to be held hostage forthwith, so I searched my purse and forked out the extortion fee once more...suffering "the slings and arrows of great" repression. May they be freed anon and evermore!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Why do you keep using PB, when Imgur is free?
I bailed back when PB first started trying to charge; got some old posts that don't work (and Basil won't let me fix them), but I don't like paying extortion.

OP
CJD

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Me either, but I get a lot of guys wanting access to those old pics. It’s easier to pay than to re-post over 1000 pics. I did get my money worth out of the free PB. It’s a shame they wouldn’t grandfather the free stuff we had, and just charge for new.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
FWIW, I got 1091 files from my old PB account. Might be a few that I haven't reposted, but the vast majority are on Imgur now, along with many others I've done since then.

Here's one that was missing until just now. Not Triumph related, but at least British (sort of)
WW0e9Hb.jpg

(Yes, I was riding in a Lotus as well as the 5 visible in the mirror.)