• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Old British car film..... The Fast and Furious 1955 full movie

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Here is a old British car film some of you may enjoy, :encouragement:The Fast and furious 1955.....plenty of Jag XK action....... For whatever reason i could not attach the link here..... But just jump on youtube and enjoy it there! The fast and furious (1955)- full length movie.

OP
drambuie

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
And so has the price to fill up a XK.... 4 bucks! Let's see......Car Jack a Jag XK, Kidnap a nice looking woman, fall in love and win a race! And how was your day?

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Racing without helmets! You could tell Dorothy Malone could handle those cars by the way she got into the Allard, shifted into first and just drove away. No problem!
Thin plot but lots of racing action at Torrey Pines and maybe Golden Gate. Saw it on TCM within the last year.
I think it was Roger Corman's first movie.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I saw this movie, or at least parts of it, many many years ago, in the mid eighties, the movie was old by then, but we didn't have the internet to help us find things. I just remembered the beginning with the Jag racing around, and thought it would be cool to figure out what it as called and get a copy. Afew years ago I figured out that the original "Fast and Furious" was my movie, got it on DVD from E-bay. I agree, not the greatest drama, but some period cars, its been a while since I watched it, but as I recall this is one of those movies where new Jags magically turn into old Fords when they crash!

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Great movie, thanks for sharing. I didn't watch all of it yet but will soon. I only noticed one Healey, a Jensen Healey, in the first few scenes. I "cringed" a little when she stepped in the car on the seats to get to the other side, ouch. Nice car though.

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
A 1955 Jensen Healey? I've never seen one. Must be rarer than a 100S. I'll bet you were referring to the Nash-Healey in the opening credits.

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
A 1955 Jensen Healey? I've never seen one. Must be rarer than a 100S. I'll bet you were referring to the Nash-Healey in the opening credits.
:eek: Oh, you're are correct, it is a Nash Healey. I didn't think Jensen Healey was introduced yet, sorry.

OP
drambuie

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Great movie, thanks for sharing. I didn't watch all of it yet but will soon. I only noticed one Healey, a Jensen Healey, in the first few scenes. I "cringed" a little when she stepped in the car on the seats to get to the other side, ouch. Nice car though.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing! With spike heels no less! Poor seats, ouch!

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Loved those shots of Dorothy driving the Allard. Completely comfortable with it.

Weren't there a couple of side shots of a two-tone 100 in the pits/tech inspection part?

Was the track Golden Gate park?

CLEAH

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
In two different scenes an Austin-Healey 100 is shown fleetingly. Don't blink or you'll miss it. The Nash-Healey gets more film time. This movie is a real gas.

OP
drambuie

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
I have another one coming your guys way this friday night! Kind of like friday night at the movies!:excitement:

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
One of the main objections my wife has to riding in my BJ8 and MG Midget with the top down is that it is hard on her hairdo. The folks in this movie are doing about 80, but their hair looks like they are in a very gentle breeze. It wouldn't take much to add a little realism here. In old movies, the characters almost always ride in convertibles but it never looks real.
I've seen this movie before, but enjoyed it again. Thanks.