• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nominations Please - Dave Russell Award

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Dear BCF Members,

We are now taking nominations for the 1st annual Dave Russell Award! Please see this announcement for a description of the Award: Dave Russell Award

Making a nomination is simple. Write a short paragraph (500 words max) that describes why you believe the person being nominated deserves the award. Use the following format, replacing “FORUM NAME” with the actual BCF display name of the person being nominated:

“I nominate “FORUM NAME” for the Dave Russell award. I believe FORUM NAME deserves this award for the following reason(s): (Then continue with your reasons for nominating this person. Remember – 500 works max. Be as succinct as possible).”

There are no specific criteria for making a nomination. It should be someone who has done something to support the British car hobby, either on the forum, or off. Some examples of things that might be considered: 1) A member who has been very helpful to other members by making meaningful posts in one or more forums. 2) A person who hosts or helps with car shows or car events. 3) A person who has done a single act related to the hobby that you feel is significant (e.g., someone goes out of their way to help another member). These are just a few examples of the kinds of things to consider, but you may have other reasons you think a member deserves the award.

Two ways to make a nomination: Either use the “contact us” form on the BCF to send your nomination to myself, or log in and send me a PM with a subject: “FORUM NAME for Russell award”

We hope to announce the recipient in January 2010. We will not disclose the names of people making the nominations, nor the names of others nominated. Also, moderators may make nominations, but are not eligible for the award. The recipient will receive a plaque and a gift certificate.

If you feel someone deserves this award, please take a minute and send us a nomination!

Deadline for nominations is 31 December 2009.