• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nial, Glen Report?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
The racing was great and we made a bunch of new car-friends. I know you've seen my post in The Pub related to all this, but anyway, there are more pictures here:
https://liverpoolmotorclub.tripod.com/wg-07.html

We got to meet Ben (Banjo) and talk cars with him part of Saturday. He met us later at the famous Seneca Lodge for food and beers....good time!
Also got to meet a ton of VRG and SVRA folks including five SVRA Sprite racers who came as a group to watch a friend. What do you think I talked about with them? [Right!]
And spend some time chatting with Tivvy Shenton. He's the grand master of the PVGP with his white Jaguar XK-140 coupe. An amazing driver!
The track managment did their best to spoil things. They had agreed let our EMRA folks watch the Saturday vintage races and drop off our trailers on Saturday (we were renting Sunday only.....VRG rented Saturday) We were asked to provide a list of names of Saturday EMRA attendees, which we did. We also paid for camping security so some of our guys could camp Saturday night, if desired. On Friday afternoon, they called our Treasurer (she was in the middle of teaching a Calc class) and told her they didn't like our insurance binder so we couldn't camp. OK, fine. Then they told her we couldn't drop off our trailers or watch the event as previously agreed (even though many EMRA members are also VRG members). In our initial agreement (with me) they said this would be fine. Our Tresurer called me in a panic; but I'm already pulling the Spridget up Rt 81 to the Glen. I called another guy and he put an emrgency note on our website. All of us called everyone we could think of so that folks don't show up and get disappointed. In the end, about 15 of our people were turned away on Saturday and in a pretty rude manner too.
By the way, the reason they said they are being so strict about letting people in was to "keep out the locals". But Ben drove right in. They didn't even check his name on our list.
If they had a problem with any of our paperwork, they could have let us know a week ahead of time....but they waited until the last minute.
And our insurance guys says they are wrong about the binder.

We had a good time anyway, but I am very disappointed with the folks that work there. I'm glad that there are three new tracks being built in the northeast......these folks need some competition. I think the NASCAR thing has gone to their head.

Anyway, despite that, we had a good time with Pete's Cortina, Bruce's Mini and my car. And our pal Mike brought his new, yellow Mk 2 Sprite production car. We had great fun racing with the vintage gang and then on Sunday with EMRA.
I went thought the Bus Stop three-wide, several times /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
And going down the right-hander into the Boot is always breathtaking.
Towards the end of the EMRA small bore race on Sunday, Bruce and I tried to put two British cars in the same place at the same time.
Apparently, there's a rule that says you can't do that.
My car ended up with a lightly crunched left front fender and the Mini spun. No body damage to the Min but it ended up having a bent right rear trailing arm, so he had to retire. We guess that the track-side curbing did it, but we're not sure. This was one of those racing incidents that's almost unavoidable...if you race long enough, you end up hitting your friends or they hit you. Anyway, no real harm done and I'm pretty sure he's already fixed it. We're all going to Lime Rock in three days, but I'm bringing my red car, so I won't fix the Spridget until later. Otherwise the cars ran great; even the Cortina which usually has more gremlins than Tinster's TR6.

Here's some pictures (with nice foliage).

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nial,

Thanks!I'm jealous! Why is it that it's always on the other end of the country?And 3 pictures of a Cortina MKII!
Does it get any better?

- Doug

bugimike

Yoda
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif NICE pix Nial!!

If'n ya went a little faster ya wouldn't have them dents at the back! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
bugimike said:
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thankyousign.gif NICE pix Nial!!

If'n ya went a little faster ya wouldn't have them dents at the back! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

Or if Miata pilots knew how to use their brakes! (all of those dents are from Miatas /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
aeronca65t said:
Or if Miata pilots knew how to use their brakes! (all of those dents are from Miatas /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

Dirty ratzenfrackin' jellybeans!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonono.gif
Jeff

bugimike

Yoda
Ah So!! I not noh Miatas suffer flom excessive blian fade ploblems!! All so clear now!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bow.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bow.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif