• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

P Brown

Freshman Member
Country flag
I’m restoring an Austin Healey BJ8 from 1964. My father in law bought the car in 1967. Pretty amazing to have the opportunity to get this car back on the road. I’m ding as much of the work myself in my garage. This is my 2nd restoration project the 1st being a 1952 Chevy Panel Truck resto mod. Tons of metal work.
Looking forward to lots of help problem solving the many challenges ahead.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome and you have a great project! glad you are here and we would love to see pics - of the chev as well. :cheers:

OP
P

P Brown

Freshman Member
Country flag
This is how it looked when we got it to our home in Snohomish Wa from Long Island NY.

Attachments

• uuid=A72550DF-F3C4-4BDC-A610-39307AD23483&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
    uuid=A72550DF-F3C4-4BDC-A610-39307AD23483&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
OP
P

P Brown

Freshman Member
Country flag
This is how it looked when we got it to our home in Snohomish Wa from Long Island NY. Here is her room mate 52 Chevy Panel.

Attachments

• uuid=6C1E2B08-B7AE-4C52-A17F-8A90831504CD&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
    uuid=6C1E2B08-B7AE-4C52-A17F-8A90831504CD&library=1&type=1&mode=2&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Looks great! I resized them and reposted

healey.jpg

chev.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF! and congrats on keeping those two antiques alive.

Say, the framing of your garage looks like hand hewn posts and beams. How old is your house?

Tom M.
(interested in just about anything "old")

OP
P

P Brown

Freshman Member
Country flag
The house was built in 1935, not sure when the barn now garage and wood shop was built.
Thanks for fixing the photos.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I just finished a 64 Healey 1 year ago and now have another one I am working on. Great project. You will like how it turns out and love to drive it.