• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nelson photos [A picture perfect 4,700 mile run]

bighly

Jedi Knight
I finally worked out my FTP problem with my provider and uploaded my Nelson pics to my webpage.

My adventure took my up coastal Hwy 1 and 101 from the Golden Gate Bridge to Port Angels WA where I took a ferry to Vancover Island, BC. After touring the island and Victoria I went across by ferry to Twassen BC and onto Nelson. I joined the OR club aftertour up to Banff and Lake Louise, to Montana skirting Glacier National Park due to wildfires near St Mary's. The aftertour went through heck's Canyon, over Lolo pass and many many scenic roads and points of interest in Idaho and Oregon. I spent two days at Bill Bolton's along with Marion Brandly (sp?) and their gracious wives. Thanks go to Bill for the hospitaility. He was kind enough to give me the run of his extensive shop and complete set of BMC tools to pull my rear axle seals and replace them. Whooo whooo I would have been scratching my head on the axle nuts etc without the tools. Did I say lift, yes my car looks very different when I can walk under it and work. There are some pics of the car on the lift with Marion installing Bolton's tow eyehooks while I sip beer. Indentured servitude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif , or willing Healeyophile?

My return route took me by John Wilson's shop who provided me with the elusive rear lower hardtop aluminium surround I have sought for four years. John, you do excellent work from the looks of the cars undergoing restoration and such evidence as "Tweety" and the white 100/6.

The southern trip down the coast only took two days from OR, I guess I could smell the barn and was longing for my wife.

Truly the Last Open Road

Failures: 1157 tail light bulb
Tuning: adjusted points. No adjustments for altitude in Banff (some backfiring downhill and air starvation)
Damage: substaitial 1 inch diameter dent on shroud next to "Healey" clossiune badge from flying debris off a passing logging truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
Fuel/oil: 20.15 MPG avarage ~4,536 Miles / added two quarts
Preventative: Rear diff was low on oil. Replaced left and right seals, o-rings and paper gaskets. Adjusted brakes, refilled diff.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

To see the pics go to www.bighly.com
click Car Photos
then Healey
then Nelson_2006 and Nelson_2006-PG2

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
Thanks BC and OR clubs !!

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Tracy,
Great sunset images! That blue and white thing in the foreground isn't bad either.

Lin 1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hey Tracy,
Sounded like a great trip.
Maybe you'd like to take another short trip to scenic San Leandro.
Maybe, just maybe I can help you with that dent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gifRoger

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Tracey

Fantastic trip and photos/ -4.700 miles wow - thought I was doing good with 1500 miles in the last three weeks

And your car still has 'points' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif- Great. Just proves if these cars are well maintained they don't have to be 'modernised' for reliablility.