• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My neighbor's MG-TB!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yep, Roger has this classic (378 made before the war) out and it was running well. I think it's a 1938 or 39. Sorry, no pic.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boink said:
Yep, Roger has this classic (378 made before the war) out and it was running well. I think it's a 1938 or 39. Sorry, no pic.
Your honor this is here-say and I ask for it to be stricken from the record

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"I ask for it to be stricken from the record"

I second that motion.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
waltesefalcon said:
"I ask for it to be stricken from the record"

I second that motion.

Oh, dang... now you're going to make me walk over a street and shoot a photo of it (parked next to his Porsche 356). No, wait, I shall ask him to shoot a photo of ME in it! Stay tuned.

Before I met him, I didn't even know about the TBs... so I read a bit about them only to learn that there weren't many and that the TC picked up where it left off (in 1948?).

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Next time you'll know better Mark!

You're lucky we didn't find you guilty of Contempt of Court

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Boink said:
Oh, dang... now you're going to make me walk over a street and shoot a photo of it (parked next to his Porsche 356).
I think a picture of the TB next to the 356 would be considered proper recompense...

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
drooartz said:
Boink said:
Oh, dang... now you're going to make me walk over a street and shoot a photo of it (parked next to his Porsche 356).
I think a picture of the TB next to the 356 would be considered proper recompense...

OK, deal. Besides, Roger is getting stir-crazy after having his knee replaced. He had ME (of all people) take his 356 out for a drive on Sunday. :smile: 'Course, I'd rather driver the TB, but it's probably not ready for a long drive.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ta-da! Told ya. :savewave:
Roger shot this photo... '39 TB and '65 356 (the last year of that model as the 911 was also introduced then). I've not yet driven the TB.
The 356 is in very nice condition (as a great restoration); it drove very well. The TB, on the other hand, has a million little things to attend to (but it's running and looks pretty good).

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Fantastic! Two of my favorite designs, the 356 and the MG TA-B-C.

You are forgiven.
grin.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
drooartz said:
U
You are forgiven.
grin.gif

Harumph photoshoped. Obviously not real cars and probably not even a real neighbour. Can i see your birth certificate? :devilgrin:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
JPSmit said:
drooartz said:
U
You are forgiven.
grin.gif

Harumph photoshoped. Obviously not real cars and probably not even a real neighbour. Can i see your birth certificate? :devilgrin:

:lol: Yeah, he does look a bit like an android (and with his new knee, he's well on his way). But get this, his garage has a loo in it! You'd never had to leave. :laugh:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Boink said:
drooartz said:
Boink said:

OK, deal. Besides, Roger is getting stir-crazy after having his knee replaced. He had ME (of all people) take his 356 out for a drive on Sunday. :smile: 'Course, I'd rather driver the TB, but it's probably not ready for a long drive.

You obviously have a much better class of neighbors than I do :cooler:

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
70herald said:
You obviously have a much better class of neighbors than I do :cooler:

Nope. They just have more money than I do. :yesnod: In fact, I know one that is very UN-classy. :laugh:

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
What a great combination and contrast- the very modern (for its era) aerodynamic Porsche and the very traditional MG with running boards and fenders separate from the body.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Simon TR4a said:
What a great combination and contrast- the very modern (for its era) aerodynamic Porsche and the very traditional MG with running boards and fenders separate from the body.

Yes, I agree. Nearing the end of the coach-built look to the aerodynamic look. Nice contrast.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
"and that the TC picked up where it left off (in 1948?)."

I had a '46 TC, serial #0442.

It tended to wander when driven on our side of the road, but on country 2 lanes, driven on the wrong side of the road, it drove straight and true.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thought I'd update.
Here is a video I shot on October 7, 2012 when we had the beasty (a 1939 MG-TB) on the road. Roger, the owner is driving, and I'm doing the video. :yesnod:

MG-TB in NW Portland

On that trip, we only had to stop ONCE to re-fit the tail-pipe. Did you know that the TB has a clutch linkage that is actual chain... yep... REAL "linkage!" :smile:

And here's one of him following me (in my Bugeye)... shot on about September 1st.

39 TB from '59 Frogeye

D

Deleted member 8987

One of them old MG's.......had two spares mounted on the rear.....Groton, Connecticut, would have been late 1970 early 1971.....neighbor of a good friend had one with a Ford flathead V8-60 in it. Had I had the time, space, or money, I'd have tried to get it.