• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGC MGC-GT Body...cherry.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yesterday I was torn between tinkering on my CGT..my B..or the dreaded 911. The decision was made for me when an old freind called and asked if I had room to park a parts car he had just picked up. I said sure and 15 minutes later a 69 Primrose Yellow CGT rolled up on a trailer. The body is perfect..never hit..no rust whatsoever and still has the original paint. The engine is there but no trans and has a B rear end. Previous owners bought it for the rear end and trans. They also stripped the gages,seats and thats about it. All glass is perfect. All bumpers, lites etc are there and undamaged. I think I have him talked into not ripping off the fenders but instead, take the few things he needs, let me round him up C roadster fenders for his car...and selling the tub totally stripped but all body panels left intact. Engine, front end, rear end, glass etc. will be removed. If you...or anyone you know of needs a flawless CGT body, please contact me asap at either 505-763-6967 or 505-693-8810(cell) The final decision hasn't been made yet but I'm hoping that this will happen. I considered keeping it in case some crazy person whacks my C again. Again...this car has ZERO rust or body damage.

RickB

Yoda
Heh /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif - can you give me a shipping quote to zip code 98065?

It does sound exactly like what I need for my 69 MGC-GT.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I can check..but I just got a call from a local guy that saw it parked at my shop...think hes a V-8 kinda guy....this is way to nice to do that to. I would guess 600-800...just a wild guess.

RickB

Yoda
So, are you going to post some pictures?
It would be great to see this.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It may be sold already....will know later today. Have cleaned it out and yesterday puttered with the engine.. Popped the head off...no ridge and spins freely. We're going to mount it on a standand tear it down, will probaly do a total rebuild. It will go in a 69 C roadster being delivered to me from Az. next week. I'll take that engine, overhaul it and have a spare for my CGT.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'm curious - yours was hit pretty hard with lots of damage as I recall...if this is a pristine body, why not switch it with your repaired one?

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Mine was mostly the lower valance, bumper, superficial damage o front clip. The steering and undercarriage caught most of it as well as exhaust. No final decision has been made on the shell...not till the C roadster gets here this week.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
jackq said:
I can check..but I just got a call from a local guy that saw it parked at my shop...think hes a V-8 kinda guy....this is way to nice to do that to. I would guess 600-800...just a wild guess.
I've been thinking about that comment - V8-ing an MGC - for some time now &, with the front suspension setup of the MGC, there's almost no way to put a V8 in it without some serious cutting/welding....the suspension beam, unlike an MGB, is integral to the bodyshell & can't be cut out or removed without totally redoing the front suspension...& him finding an American V8 engine that'll fit around that suspension beam is like "finding hens' teeth"!!

However, I think that around $750 is a good price for a rustfree, rolling MGC bodyshell - if a guy has an MGC engine & trans to drop in it! Otherwise, it's a good fish habitat! & shipping to WA from NM would be pretty expensive for a non-runner - making the shell financially infeasible - IMHO.

Steve_S

Yoda
It's been done, but I just don't see the point. It's especially useless since MGCs are fairly rare compared to other modern MGs and also since it's so much easier to do in a B.

RickB

Yoda
Jack, I'm interested in buying this shell from you if we can come to an agreed price.
Of course I need to see a lot of pictures.